Honored Contributor

If you are looking for rapid results then ask about Dysport, same type of injectable toxin. It takes effect in a couple of days rather than weeks or even months for Botox to work. Dysport results will last about half as long as Botox. But if you are in a situation where you need to look good fast then go for the Dysport.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you are looking for rapid results then ask about Dysport, same type of injectable toxin. It takes effect in a couple of days rather than weeks or even months for Botox to work. Dysport results will last about half as long as Botox. But if you are in a situation where you need to look good fast then go for the Dysport.

Botox does not take weeks or months to work. It starts working in just a few days.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had Botox for years from a very good Dr. 

Results are immediate. He has never made an eye droop. 

Once  I went to my dentist when I couldn’t drive so far and he injected on the eye bone. It drooped and my regular Dr said it’s because of the muscle & should not be done there. He does above the eyes. He is an artist and even stands back to check his injections. Worth the 2 hr drive!

It prevents my migraines also. Lasts up to 6 months because I’ve had it awhile .

Don't take aspirin about a week before or few days after for bruising and ask if they have a Gentle waves light machine to prevent bruising after it’s done.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Botox does not take weeks or months to work. It starts working in just a few days.

According to some NIH clinical trials the Botox results may not show its full effect until after a week post-injection and sometimes not for a month afterwards. Not everyone will experience the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Botox

[ Edited ]

My bff is 74 and she has been getting Botox injections to her forehad for about 20 years.  No problems, she has it done 3 times a year.  In her 50's she developed 2 deep vertical lines on her forhead that she thought gave her an angry or sinister look....they did.  Botox took care of the problem.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

According to some NIH clinical trials the Botox results may not show its full effect until after a week post-injection and sometimes not for a month afterwards. Not everyone will experience the same thing.

Are you sure the NIH clinical trials weren't for migraines?  For cosmetic purposes, the effect of most Botox injections is immediate.