Esteemed Contributor

I’m thinking about having a Botox injection on one small area on my forehead.In recent months a semi deep wrinkle seems to have appeared out of nowhere.Aside from that I have no other issues.DH said if it bothers me I should have it done.

My question is have any of you had Botox injections? I would appreciate your input. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

I say go for it if that is what you want!

Just go to a real doctor, not a day spa.

Esteemed Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

I say go for it if that is what you want!

Just go to a real doctor, not a day spa.

@alarmclock   Yes, thank you. My girlfriend gave me the name of an excellent plastic surgeon who does Botox.I would never go to a day spa.

Respected Contributor

I had it done twice. The second time, I got a significant eyelid droop which lasted about a month and I looked tired and/or mad all the time.  After that I decided not to do it again.  My forehead was looking wonderful but I feel people pay more attention to your eyes so that's why.  The advice I got from someone who does it a lot:  go to someone who does it all day long every day so they are well versed in their techniques.  (Not a dentist, who likely only moonlights on weekends doing Botox).  Doesn't need to be an MD.  The day spas use RN's, they are medical professionals and know what they're doing. Express all your concerns to the person before hand.  If I ever do it again, I'll be more vocal about eyelid droop and probably opt for less than 20 units, I didn't really need that much. 

Trusted Contributor

Make your appointment! I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the results, it's fast and very professional. Hope you'll love the results!

Valued Contributor

Yes, I have used Botox for many years and love it.  My family has a tendency for vertical lines across the forehead beginning at a young age.  I no longer have any.  The longer you use it, the longer it seems to last.  I've never had any problems and I make sure I don't look frozen.  It's important not to go overboard.  No cream can do what Botox can!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question About Botox

[ Edited ]

@Carol Diane  Is there a healing period where you are irritated or swollen? Also do you have a plastic surgeon do yours? And how long does it last before it has to be redone?

Thank You!!

Valued Contributor

Do it!  I started Botox at 49 and have never ever looked frozen!  Refreshed is the key!  I go to my derm PA and she does primarily injections all day.   I do forehead, between eyes and lightly around eyes. It stings a tad.  In the 11 years I've only once had slight bruising.  You can go about your day right after!  Takes a few days to kick in.

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ , no, absolutely no swelling or irritation.  Once I had a tiny...and I mean tiny black and blue by my upper cheekbone ( for crows feet) but now my dr will have me hold an ice pack there before the injections.  Honestly, it happened once after many times of having it done.  For me, it does take about a week for the results to fully kick in.  My dermatologist does it for me.  Like I've said, I absolutely love it.  I have it done every 4-5 months and after all these years, I could probaboy go longer but I like to keep my forehead and "11" lines smooth.  I think it trains you not to use those muscles as much.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for being so candid.I really appreciate your responses & support. I’m going to take the plunge!! I’ll probably make an appointment for after Easter!!