Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@hckynutjohn   Glad you are home and the procedures are complete. Interesting that you have the pictures....is that routine with your MD?   I'm confident that the outcome will be positive.  Keep us posted.

@phoenixbrd 

For many years my Gastro gives me 'internal' pics after procedures....in living color, LOL!

@KingstonsMom 

My Gastro Doctors have DVD's of some of my Colonoscopies, and also 2 of my 4 Lower Double Balloon Enteroscopies.

Very interesting viewing, for me anyways. Like seeing procedures, but live preferred over film.  Great in Living Color, eh?

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   Always good to get good news from forum friends. Thanks for letting us know.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

This old thread was bumped up by @222333 asking for specific information from you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@222333 wrote:

good to hear hope all is well.I read on here where you had gone through some type of surgery for stomach being separated could you tell me abou it,  i am on dexilant just started i have had acid reflux for about 6 months idont know what caused it but on a scan about the time all this covid started I had taken a hard fall and sometimes it feels very uncomfortable in the area fom under ribs to stomach the scan said I might have a small hernia emergency dr was busy and didn;t tell me much more just wondered is maybe somthing like happened to you might be what is happening to me.

@222333 

I have had 2 hernia surgeries, one was in 2021. Both involved protrusions in my abdominal wall. The last one I had surgery as soon as it was diagnosed, about a week later.

Not familiar with the medicine you are taking, or exactly what it is treating. I was diagnosed with GERD(acid reflux years ago) in my 1st ever Endoscopy. The major problem for me was the Barrett's Esophagus diagnosis. If not treated it can end up being Esophageal Cancer.

You don't mention what was scanned, so I really can't say much about that part. Not sure when you say "like happened to me"! I have had so many things happen to me in the last couple of years, mostly from my ice skating falls. Broken ribs/punctured lung, these were after my hernia surgery.

If you want to ask more specific questions, and the name of scans you have had, maybe I can tell you more. If you have a hernia similar to both of mine, they did not need emergency surgery.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop 

Thank you! I did my best to reply to the @222333 post.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn - Great News!!! Glad everything went well. Riley1