Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   Glad you are home and the procedures are complete. Interesting that you have the pictures....is that routine with your MD?   I'm confident that the outcome will be positive.  Keep us posted.

Esteemed Contributor

Good to know all is taken care of and you are well.

Always fun to feel where they snipped.  Was surprised with the first one.

Respected Contributor

That's great. I'm sure you're always relieved to have another round of follow-up procedures completed. Now I hope the results are A+. 

Honored Contributor

Glad you're doing well.  I have had both done but never at the same time.  Colonoscopy was just routine, but the endoscopy they had to do a balloon procedure on my 2nd one to stretch out my esophagus a bit.  I was having random choking issues.  I think the doctor performing it thinks it was due to acid reflux since he suggested I stay on a proton pump inhibitor.  

Valued Contributor

Good news hope your results are good also.👍👍

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Glad you're doing well.  I have had both done but never at the same time.  Colonoscopy was just routine, but the endoscopy they had to do a balloon procedure on my 2nd one to stretch out my esophagus a bit.  I was having random choking issues.  I think the doctor performing it thinks it was due to acid reflux since he suggested I stay on a proton pump inhibitor.  

@Icegoddess 

My diagnoses are:

1. GERD

2. Hiatal Hernia 

3. Inflamed Esophagus 

4. Barrett's Esophagus 

My Gastro Doctors check, and in many of my procedures, they have dilated my Esophagus. I have been on Nexium, or it's generic Esomeprazole, since my first Endoscopy which was 21 years ago.

This is for my Barrett's Esophagus, none of the others issues. I have always taken 40mg, twice each day, of Nexium or Esomeprazole. Keeping Barrett's in check so far. 

I had my 1st Endoscopy, only because my brother-in-law had Esophageal Cancer. Went in with no symptoms and came out with the above mentioned 4 issues.Still have never had a single symptom of any of those issues.

I started sleeping in an adjustable bed back in the early 1990's because of my back issues. This 15 years after my 1st back surgery. Always had my head raised with the bed.

Then I found that recliners worked better for me than the bed, and have slept in one ever since. Head always in a raised position, probably why I never had a GERD symptom, just guessing.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@hckynutjohn   Glad you are home and the procedures are complete. Interesting that you have the pictures....is that routine with your MD?   I'm confident that the outcome will be positive.  Keep us posted.

@phoenixbrd 

For many years my Gastro gives me 'internal' pics after procedures....in living color, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

SO very happy for you!  We will only accept fantastic results!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Thank you for sharing your good news! Hoping all the reports come back with great results.
You are very resilient & I am amazed at how you take all of this in your stride!!
Contributor

good to hear hope all is well.I read on here where you had gone through some type of surgery for stomach being separated could you tell me abou it,  i am on dexilant just started i have had acid reflux for about 6 months idont know what caused it but on a scan about the time all this covid started I had taken a hard fall and sometimes it feels very uncomfortable in the area fom under ribs to stomach the scan said I might have a small hernia emergency dr was busy and didn;t tell me much more just wondered is maybe somthing like happened to you might be what is happening to me.