Honored Contributor

Preparing for a Doctor yearly physical

I always prepare for my physicals the month prior to my appointment.  By that I mean, if I am 5 pounds or so UP from where I like to be, I will do everything in my power to lose that weight by walking more and eating less...... I check my blood pressure everyday and make sure it is where it should be.  I usually fast on fresh juice with my juicer two days before my appointment as well.  I guess I want to only hear good news and not be told I need medication or the like. 

I do not like having Dr. checkups ,  I think getting weighed is THE WORST PART OF ALL!  But, I go get my checkup because I know how important it is to know what is going on with blood work etc. 

Do you ever "prepare" for your annual checkups?

Maybe I am just weird this way?😳😉

Honored Contributor

Re: Preparing for a Doctor yearly physical

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I always prepare for my physicals the month prior to my appointment.  By that I mean, if I am 5 pounds or so UP from where I like to be, I will do everything in my power to lose that weight by walking more and eating less...... I check my blood pressure everyday and make sure it is where it should be.  I usually fast on fresh juice with my juicer two days before my appointment as well.  I guess I want to only hear good news and not be told I need medication or the like. 

I do not like having Dr. checkups ,  I think getting weighed is THE WORST PART OF ALL!  But, I go get my checkup because I know how important it is to know what is going on with blood work etc. 

Do you ever "prepare" for your annual checkups?

Maybe I am just weird this way?😳😉

@SeaMaiden  I refuse to be weighed, as it is already in the records, I just tell her what my scale says and that is that.  I also don't answer personal questions not pertaining to my health.  I only have a yearly blood panel, not a yearly physical.

Honored Contributor

I take a shower, shave my underarms and legs and look for an outfit in my closet that is lightweight and doesn't weigh too much.

that's the extend of me getting prepared.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I take a shower, shave my underarms and legs and look for an outfit in my closet that is lightweight and doesn't weigh too much.

@Carmie  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I always wash and shave whatever needs shaving.I like to carry my purse and wear my shoes when I get weighed....they subtract pounds for that!

Honored Contributor

I don't do anything to prepare except take a shower, which I would do anyway.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie  LOL!

A couple of years ago, I broke some bones in my ankle when I fell taking papers to the garage for recycling.  I was cleaning and felt dirty and sweaty.

i crawled, really crawled,  upstairs and got into the shower and shaved my legs before I would let hubby drive me to the ER.  I was afraid I would have a cast and would not be able to shower and shave really well for weeks,

i got one of those casts that I had to pump up in three places, but it could be removed for showers.  I was glad for that.

My DH thinks I am crazy. I would hate to be dirty when I need medical attention, but I suppose in an emergency, I would not have a choice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate going to the doctor & have to be about dying before I go like with the Shingles. My sister sent me an email saying it must have been hurting pretty bad for you to go to the doctor. 

I'm hypothyroid so I have to go once per year for labs before the doctor will give me a refill. If I did not have to do that I would never go. The only script I take is Acella NP Thyroid. I don't like taking Big Pharma pills that make you feel like cwap.

DH saw my doctor which is only 34 & he said to DH you have not seen a doctor since before I was born & DH said no. LOL!!! He says he has no use for them. 

Forgot to say if you don't want to get weighed just say I'm not doing that. I have done that before when I did not want to get on the scale. I can always check at home my scale is only off 1 lb from the doctors each time I visit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok....lol   I don't think of my yearly exams as a test that I have to prepare for and cheat on...lol    I don't do anything except make a list of any concerns or questions that I have  and a list of my current meds and show up 20 minutes earlier than the time of the appointment.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I always wash and shave whatever needs shaving.I like to carry my purse and wear my shoes when I get weighed....they subtract pounds for that!

Really? I have never had a doctor subtract anything!