Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I have a ful upper bridge cemented to 4 implants, it can not be easily removed with out great stress and strain and possible damage to the bridge

@SilleeMee wrote:

@I am still oxox 

I think there must be varying kinds of partials. At least that's what it sounds like to me. I have a brochure which was given to me by the doctor who will be doing my implants and in that brochure it discusses partials and the different versions of them. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: One day implants

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi 

Why "all soft foods until then"?  I am minus all uppers and have only 7 lowers, thanks to a necessary and possibly life saving medicine. After my initial healing, after a 2 day hospital stay done procedure by my oral surgeon, I could and still can eat beyond only "soft foods". If I find a nutritious food that is far beyond soft that I want to eat? No problem.

Just curious and my own FYI.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Desertdi 

Why "all soft foods until then"?  I am minus all uppers and have only 7 lowers, thanks to a necessary and possibly life saving medicine. After my initial healing, after a 2 day hospital stay done procedure by my oral surgeon, I could and still can eat beyond only "soft foods". If I find a nutritious food that is far beyond soft that I want to eat? No problem.

Just curious and my own FYI.

hckynut

@hckynut    The oral surgeon really didn't give me any explanation, except the implants have to adhere to the bone before "teeth" can be attached........(right now, I still have stitches in my mouth).   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My doctor said the same thing about eating soft foods until my gums healed. That makes sense to me because I don't think it's a good idea to be 'gumming' hard food when there's stitches and an implant just below that.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My doctor said the same thing about eating soft foods until my gums healed. That makes sense to me because I don't think it's a good idea to be 'gumming' hard food when there's stitches and an implant just below that.

@SilleeMee   AND.........considering the $$,$$$ this is costing me, I intend to follow all instructions to the letter.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi 

Oh how I remember the stitches etc. I spent 2 days in the hospital after my oral surgery. I understand the soft food for that period, but 4-6 months? Not so much.

I had to stay in the hospital because of being off all my blood thinning, and clot reducing meds, 10 days pre-surgery. My history of 2 episodes of lung blood clots(PE) was the reason to have this done in a full hospital environment. 

My doctors, which included my Pulmonologist, wanted to get blood draw INR/ProTime readings for a couple days to make sure those numbers fell into the safe range(2.0-2.5) before being released from the hospital. 

I hope all this works out well for you.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeesh when I saw the thread title, I thought to myself, "Isn't one day how long it takes to have implants put in?"

Nevermind. 😬

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Oh.  That is not the implant I thought you meant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

2I have had the same...it was a long process but worth it. I can’t imagine how they can do a full mouth of implants in one day. My dentist sent me to an oral surgeon who does the implants. My dentist says his office gets a lot of phone calls asking about implants after they go to the one-day places and learn of the cost. He said it was not uncommon for people to spend $60k and up at some of these places, and of course they do the financing also....astronomical interest rates, but that is just what he is told. The cost may be much less in other areas.

Honored Contributor

My sister had 4 dental implants on the bottom to attach a partial dentune. First she had to have bone grafts, when that healed the posts were inserted. Sis was on soft food  for a year until everything healed up. The implants look great, but the partial denture does not fit right and it has been adjusted several times. Sis no doubt will never wear the partial denture, but says she can chew fine without it. My sister said if she had to do it over again, she would not. We remember our grandmother chewing walnuts with no teeth.