Contributor
Has anybody done the one day implants? Are you happy I understand they will be very expensive and that I will be living with temporary teeth for 4 months but how did the temporaries looked? Was it worth it. Thank you for any help you can give me
Honored Contributor

I have implants that anchor a full bridge adn the temps looked fine as my mouth healed they were adjusted

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: One day implants

[ Edited ]

I will be getting six (individual) implants sometime early next year. I've already had my mouth scanned. I asked about temporary teeth and I was told I won't be getting them because my implants are in the back. I was also told temporary teeth are not made to eat with but are for aesthetics only, for instance if you had front teeth missing then a 'flipper' would be worn until you got your abutments and crowns put in. I asked about eating food and I was told I would have to change my diet to soft food...I'm not looking forward to that part at all. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think implants can be done properly in one day, but when done properly they look and feel like normal teeth. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I will be getting six (individual) implants sometime early next year. I've already had my mouth scanned. I asked about temporary teeth and I was told I won't be getting them because my implants are in the back. I was also told temporary teeth are not made to eat with but are for aesthetics only, for instance if you had front teeth missing then a 'flipper' would be worn until you got your abutments and crowns put in. I asked about eating food and I was told I would have to change my diet to soft food...I'm not looking forward to that part at all. 

@SilleeMee  I just had 3 implants "installed" Friday morning by an oral surgeon.    It was somewhat of an ordeal.    I can't imagine anyone having all their teeth done at once.    I will have to wait 5-6 months until the crowns can be put on.........and, yup.......all soft food until then.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  I just had 3 implants "installed" Friday morning by an oral surgeon.    It was somewhat of an ordeal.    I can't imagine anyone having all their teeth done at once.    I will have to wait 5-6 months until the crowns can be put on.........and, yup.......all soft food until then.  di

@Desertdi 

There's different kinds of implants. Anchored dentures, partial or bridge implants and then single-tooth implants. The anchored dentures can be a full upper or lower. The bridge or partials are semi-permanent where you have to go in yearly to have them removed and cleaned underneath.  If you have all of your teeth missing then I would think you would need regular (temporary) dentures until you got healed up to get the crowns or the anchored dentures.

Esteemed Contributor

i don't know how they do it.

I've had 2 implants. After extraction at least 3 months for bone to heal for implant placement. After implant at 4 to 6 months for bone to heal before abutment and crown is placed.

But they are definitely worth it!

Honored Contributor

I don't know how they manage that, I've seen the advertisements but considering the cost.  I would take a chance on something so new.  I'd go with the standard way of doing it.  

Esteemed Contributor

DH had a mouthful of implants (after sinus lift, bone grafts etc) and they all failed within three years.  Went to another perodontist and within six months of starting they strategically again. DH had dentures (and two dental practices have thousands of $ more than they had before).

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi 

There's different kinds of implants. Anchored dentures, partial or bridge implants and then single-tooth implants. The anchored dentures can be a full upper or lower. The bridge or partials are semi-permanent where you have to go in yearly to have them removed and cleaned underneath.  If you have all of your teeth missing then I would think you would need regular (temporary) dentures until you got healed up to get the crowns or the anchored dentures.

Thank you for telling me about the anchored dentures.