Respected Contributor

I was using Move Free joint gummy supplements and now I can't find them. What do you take for your joints? I have 50% cartilage loss on my knee caps and knee caps that slip out of joint multiple times a day and double jointed knees, so I need a good supplement. I'm already doing fish oil, D3, tumeric, and Zyflamend (inflammation (also a multi, and kelp). Cost is a factor as I don't want to take a second mortgage out on my house for a supplement!

Thanks for the help in advance!

Super Contributor

I use and really like Andrew Lessman's Maximum Joint Effort. When I forget to take it, ouch!...I really notice the difference.

Respected Contributor

The best thing I've done to reduce joint pain is severely cut back on sugar consumption. By the third day, my knee pain when going up my stairs is virtually gone.

-Kalli

Honored Contributor
I've found these supplements to be costly and totally ineffective. A knee replacement worked great though. Eliminating sugar does help.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Highly recommend Hyalgan Gel Shots.

I have only 20% cartilage on left inner knee & 80% left outer & Doc suggested trying

the (3) shot series before a partial knee replacement.

It's Been a Miracle...sounds far worse than it actually was.

I opted for Lidocaine with the Hyalgan & never felt a thing...a little stiff the next day,

but once it kicked in (after the 3rd shot) approx 3 weeks, I have been totally pain free

since July & believe me I was in excruciating pain.

I never got any relief from supplements...didn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

I listen to Andrew Lessman for pointers about various supplements, but then I find a comparable product on Vitacost. Lessman's are far too expensive. He makes a point about Glucosamin Sulfate being better than Glucosamin HCl and also explains that capsules will dissolve and do their job whereas hard tablets can often pass through a person undigested. All that said, here's what I came up with.

Lessman's Maximum Joint Effort has the addition of very small amounts of Vitamin C, Calcium, and Potassium, but IMO, they're hardly worth acknowledging. The essential parts of his supplement are:
Glucosamine Sulfate 1500 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 1200 mg
MSM 800 mg

The bottle has individual packets containing 5 capsule packets to make one serving. In the bottle of 300 capsules, they are packaged into 60 packets/servings and cost $89.90 for the bottle.

Vitacost's Glucosamine Chrondroitin & MSM.
Glucosamine Sulfate 1500 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 1200 mg
MSM 1000 mg

Their large bottle contains 360 loose capsules. The serving size is 4 capsules, which would translate into 90 servings and costs only $36.99.

To me, it's a no brainer. I have the Vitacost Glucosamine & Chondroitin on auto-ship, and that makes it another 10% less. It's the best price around for the exact form of Glucosamine that Dr. Lessman endorses.

Honored Contributor

Add me to the Andrew Lessman Maximum Joint Effort fan club!

I was taking AL's regular Glucosamine and Chondroitin and it wasn't doing anything for me so I switched to Maximum Joint Effort in October and noticed a huge improvement a couple of weeks ago.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Please try Celadrin. It is absolutely wonderful. Takes a month to "kick in". You can get it at Costco.com, some drugstores carry it, or Celadrin.com

Honored Contributor

Add a hyaluronic acid supplement to the smart lineup you already have, tigriss.

"Now Foods" (orange label) is a terrific company and makes one of the best; it's helped me with osteoarthritis throughout my body. Best price - and great user reviews - at Amazon.

BTW, Zyflamend already has tumeric in it, so there's no need - or extra expense - to take a separate supplement.

Trusted Contributor

I also use NOW hyaluronic acid. HA is the component of knee injections it also hydrates joints, all organs, etc. I also suggest Sam E and Omega 3 to fight inflammation.

I use Lucky Vitamin online to buy my supplements at the best price. They are out of the Seattle area.