Honored Contributor

My doctor suggested I try DONA glucosamine. He said its the only supplement that they've done a study on. Available at Walgreens in our area.

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2015 Reba055 said:
On 1/8/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Just throwing this out there for your consideration, too. If you're trying to reduce your sugar, be careful with replacement sweeteners - especially Equal/aspartame. A few years ago, I was using Equal on everything - in coffee, iced tea, over cereal, on grapefruit. After awhile, my knees started hurting a lot. Getting seated or standing up was also painful. I was pointed to some information that linked the aspartame to the painful joints. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made the connection. I stopped the Equal and went back to real sugar and the pain went away so obviously there's some truth to what I had read. Nowadays we use stevia in our coffee and iced tea.

This is the very reason I'm having trouble giving up sugar. I'm afraid the artificial sweeteners are worse! I broke out with Stevia and later read that if you have a ragweed allergy you could be allergic to Stevia. Ugh, I know I should just use nothing but can't get there yet!

Healthy, very safe, and tasty alternatives to stevia:

*organic raw honey paste - in a glass jar (from "Y.S. Organic Bee Farms", at Amazon)

*local honey (liquid bottle, at your nearby grocery store)

*monk fruit ("Monk Fruit in the Raw", at Amazon/Ebay/Target/Walmart/markets)

Start your switch by easing into it: use sugar and a substitute together, then keep decreasing the amount of sugar until you're not using any at all; hooray!

BTW, honey plus monk fruit is a yummy combo in your tea/other. 8)