Esteemed Contributor
On 1/7/2015 VaBelle35 said:

Add me to the Andrew Lessman Maximum Joint Effort fan club!

I was taking AL's regular Glucosamine and Chondroitin and it wasn't doing anything for me so I switched to Maximum Joint Effort in October and noticed a huge improvement a couple of weeks ago.

I've used both and neither did anything for me. This is the first of AL's supplements that I saw no difference. I find the only thing that helps me is a steady diet of fish, along with Omega 3's. I even eat sardines, which is not a fav, and I can almost tell immed. relief. Once I'm not eating a lot of fish, I notice. Does anyone know if artificial sweeteners make worse?

Honored Contributor
On 1/13/2015 taja123 said:

I was taking AL's regular Glucosamine and Chondroitin and it wasn't doing anything for me so I switched to Maximum Joint Effort in October and noticed a huge improvement a couple of weeks ago.

I've used both and neither did anything for me. This is the first of AL's supplements that I saw no difference. I find the only thing that helps me is a steady diet of fish, along with Omega 3's. I even eat sardines, which is not a fav, and I can almost tell immed. relief. Once I'm not eating a lot of fish, I notice. Does anyone know if artificial sweeteners make worse?

See my post (#14). There's a lot you can read online too about artificial sweeteners and how they can affect you.

Contributor

The best and cheapest is homemade bone broth. After doing that a little while you can add a gelatin powder. I've been doing the broth for a little while now and it does work. Here is a post that tells all about it.

http://wellnessmama.com/7419/gelatin-uses/

Super Contributor

Brand new for Andrew Lessman - #361-176 Marine Collagen Peptides promote the healthy Collagen structure of our Skin, Hair and Nails, as well as our Joints, Bones and Blood Vessels.

Trusted Contributor

I use Instaflex from Walgreens.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

I was taking Osteo Biflex and they are good. But they are so big!!! I switched to Schiff Krill oil pills. You take one tiny gel pill a day! No stomach upset either!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/13/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 1/13/2015 taja123 said:

See my post (#14). There's a lot you can read online too about artificial sweeteners and how they can affect you.

Thanks, Jean. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Just throwing this out there for your consideration, too. If you're trying to reduce your sugar, be careful with replacement sweeteners - especially Equal/aspartame. A few years ago, I was using Equal on everything - in coffee, iced tea, over cereal, on grapefruit. After awhile, my knees started hurting a lot. Getting seated or standing up was also painful. I was pointed to some information that linked the aspartame to the painful joints. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made the connection. I stopped the Equal and went back to real sugar and the pain went away so obviously there's some truth to what I had read. Nowadays we use stevia in our coffee and iced tea.

This is the very reason I'm having trouble giving up sugar. I'm afraid the artificial sweeteners are worse! I broke out with Stevia and later read that if you have a ragweed allergy you could be allergic to Stevia. Ugh, I know I should just use nothing but can't get there yet!
Trusted Contributor
On 1/10/2015 tigriss said:

I looked up the different supplements recommended. I decided to try a liquid for max absorption, Tropical Oasis Joint Camplete (32oz) with Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM Hyaluronic Acid, and Vitamin C and Celadrin 1050mg. The liquid has C = 200mg, Glucosamine = 1500mg, chondroitin = 800mg, MSM = 500mg, and Hyaluronic Acid = 50mg. It is $21 and change on amazon with prime. I'll try them for a few months and see how I feel.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

WARNING:

If you have ever had cancer, or if you are taking aromatase inhibitors, you may want to do some research on hyaluronic acid before you take it. I am a cancer survivor and planned to take HA for my joints, but was advised not to do so as HA may promote the spread of cancer cells. Not a chance I wanted to take since I was blessed with a second chance. I am not advising you to take or not take, just recommending you look into it thoroughly before making your decision.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Be aware that most of these supp are made from shellfish. Shellfish are very high in cholesterol, and these pills can raise cholesterol at a high rate. I take Now Foods MSM/Glucosomine supp which is a vegetarian formula, no shellfish. Get it from Puritans Pride.