Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs Week Two!!!!

On 1/10/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/10/2015 dmod nj said:

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Rooting for the Broncos or Colts next week. Would love to see the Broncos play the Pats next week.

sunshine, did you hear me cheering from Jersey?

i heard you dmod!!!

now you are probably going to hear me cry myself to sleep tonight......so close, yet so far.....a heartbreaker for sure! {#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Yes, a heartbreaker.

((((( this will put a smile on your face.....my boys never even made it to the playoffs))))

Hope that helps dry your tears. LOL LOL

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Rooting for the Broncos or Colts next week. Would love to see the Broncos play the Pats next week.

i heard you dmod!!!

now you are probably going to hear me cry myself to sleep tonight......so close, yet so far.....a heartbreaker for sure! {#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Yes, a heartbreaker.

((((( this will put a smile on your face.....my boys never even made it to the playoffs))))

LOL....next season......

and just think..... we have baseball to look forward to in a few months! Smile

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Baseball is only 86 or so days away!!! Looking forward to it. I hope the Yankees are competitive.

I'm completely immersed in hockey and will pull double duty in 86 days. LOL

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Bill Belichick is really trying to earn that nickname "Belicheat." On that first series in the second half the Patriots came out with a four man offensive line and then just before the snap they'd have someone (a running back, tight end, wide receiver) declare himself ineligible (essentially the fifth offensive lineman) then the ball would be snapped and the Ravens defense would have no time to adjust their defense. They'd end up covering a guy who never left the backfield since he was an ineligible receiver taking a defensive back away from covering the eligible receivers and making the reads easier for Brady. John Harbaugh drew a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for racing onto the field to demand the officials give the defense time to adjust, which the officials did later.

Technically the rules, as currently interpreted, allow a coach to do what Belichick did, but I'm betting by next week those rules will be amended. We've seen coaches play these kinds of game before. Buddy Ryan way, way back put every defensive player on the field in the last thirty seconds of a game against the Cowboys knowing that there was no way the Cowboys could move the ball against that many defenders and that the officials would make the Cowboys run a play before calling the penalty for too many men on the field. He was willing to trade five yards of field position for five seconds off the clock. That rule got amended before the next round of games so that officials could call too many men on the field against the defense before the ball was snapped. I'm betting the rule for when an offensive player has to declare himself eligible will be amended this very week. Kudos to Belichick for finding and exploiting a loophole, but I'm now rooting for anyone but the Patriots to win it all this year.

I'm starting to wonder how easy it will be for Belichick to make the hall of fame. He clearly deserves a spot there, but his reputation for cheating, his unwillingness to work with the media, and his general surliness might make it hard for him to get the votes. I'm betting he won't be a first ballot hall of famer and may not even make it in at all despite having a very impressive record.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if the rules were eventually changed. What Belichick did is technically legal, but it was very sneaky of him. It's because of things like this that I don't care about the Patriots. I was so hoping the Ravens would win. I grudgingly have to give the team credit for finding ways to win, but am not happy about it.

I'm kind of torn here. I want the Colts to win, but would not look forward to going to New England. Still, the match-up today between the Colts and Broncos should be interesting. I always like watching Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck play each other.

It seems like Green Bay is the favored team in the other game. That could be close, though,, especially if Rodgers isn't healthy.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Packers-Cowboys game should be a nail-biter. Packers should come out on top though.

Honored Contributor

Flacco did receive a grade of A- in the Baltimore Sun today!!!

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

i heard you dmod!!!

Yes, a heartbreaker.

LOL....next season......

and just think..... we have baseball to look forward to in a few months! Smile

Well Sunshine......my condolences what a game!!!

Baseball???????? Baseball???????? why it's a cure for insomnia.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...After the NFL games at least I got my SPURS......GO SPURS GO....PLEASE learn to make free throws and STOP turning over the ball!!! KAWAI get healthy!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 teganslaw said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the rules were eventually changed. What Belichick did is technically legal, but it was very sneaky of him. It's because of things like this that I don't care about the Patriots. I was so hoping the Ravens would win. I grudgingly have to give the team credit for finding ways to win, but am not happy about it.

I'm kind of torn here. I want the Colts to win, but would not look forward to going to New England. Still, the match-up today between the Colts and Broncos should be interesting. I always like watching Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck play each other.

It seems like Green Bay is the favored team in the other game. That could be close, though,, especially if Rodgers isn't healthy.

Hey TEGAN......well as my DS says you get to play "the brother" (Eli's brother) ....It should be a good game. Did you hear Don Shula call Belichick, BELICHEAT...WOW!!! Strong comment....

The Colts/Broncos should be a good game....the young gun against the wily veteran.....and at least the weather is not a concern. But in Lambeau this morning the on site reporter showed a glass of water that froze in 90 minutes.....I love watching those cold weather games, especially viewing from a warm home.....Mike McCarthy had a good point this morning why aren't Packers coaches ever given an interview for the head coaching positions....I know they cant while the team is playing, but this happened last year too...INTERESTING.....

So Rex is taking the Bills job....where is Shetliemom with her take.......The Bills strength is defense, I would think they need a strong offensive minded coach and a new QB....it will be interesting to see if Rex keeps the same assistants or hires new ones....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, that was an interesting game with lots of ebbs and flows. Dez Bryant's losing control of the ball when it hit the ground was the big play in that game. Aaron Rodgers pass that got tipped but still caught for the first down was also huge. There are some days the Gods just align against you and today was one of those days for the Cowboys. Had Dez Bryant's hand been under the ball instead of on top of it when it popped loose he'd have been awarded a touchdown since he regained control in the endzone. Instead his hand was on top so the ball hit the ground and was incomplete. I don't think either team would beat Seattle though.

I still don't think the Cowboys use Dez enough in games. He'll go get pretty much any ball within ten feet of him, but if there's a safety in the area they just don't throw the ball to him. He's a big tough guy who most safeties would largely bounce off of. I'd throw him the ball ten to fifteen times a game and trust him to make the play. Forget the safeties and let Dez make a play.

On to the Indy/Denver game now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!