Honored Contributor

Mask at the Gas Station?

[ Edited ]

When I went to the gas station yesterday someone was pumping their gas wearing a mask. I didnt have one and didnt feel I needed to wear it while getting my car gas. Do you wear one at the gas pumps??

There was only that person and me at the time and they were way over on the other side of the station.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Re: Mask at the Gas Station?

I do, as I pay with cash, so you need to prepay and must wear a mask. I leave it on in case I have to go back inside to get my change.

Frequent Contributor

Pay by Credit card at the pump and pick a pump away from anyone else getting gas..so no mask..

Honored Contributor

I do not, as I'm generally well away from other people when I pump gas.

Honored Contributor

I pay with credit card.   If it is a small gas station with only 2 or 4 pumps that are not real close - no but if one that has over 4 and some even have 20 close together and always busy then yes I do.

Esteemed Contributor

No way. I usually go to Costco for gas and as busy as it is no way am I wearing a mask. It's still hot outside and no one comes near me anyway.

Honored Contributor

I always wear gloves, not a mask outside the pumps though.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I agree with @goldensrbest 

I always have a glove.

Rarely wear a mask.

Respected Contributor

I go inside to pay b/c I'm funny about my cc numbers being stolen off the card reader outside and the fact that I can never get my card in right lol. You have to wear a mask inside but not outside. I do wear gloves when pumping gas, too many people touching the gas handle. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

In our state, you must wear a mask indoors and outdoors IFyou can't distance six feet or more However, there are many people who regularly wear masks outdoors. Keep in mind, we don't know what their health conditions are and how susceptible they are to illnesses.  Maybe they are not feeling well (not Covid) and don't want to infect anyone else.  Wearing a mask can hlep protect me from you and you from me.