Frequent Contributor

New Jersey requires a mask be worn in public places and I think it is a great idea. 

Honored Contributor

I say you will see fewer people wearing masks,as the temperature increases, i do not want it to be mandated to wear one either.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Try living in WI where it's a free for all.  You want to wear a mask, sure wear it.  You don't want to wear a mask, that's okay too.  Essential stores that opened with procautions, continue with precautions.  All employees masked and separated from customers.  Non essential stores and restaurants that have since opened, can do whatever they want or nothing at all.  I believe Costco is the only store requiring masks.

Super Contributor

@goldensrbest  Try living in AZ.........

Trusted Contributor

i live in pa.. a friend of mine was at the grocery store last week.. she walked up the isle and a younger guy maybe mid 30's had no mask on.. she has health issues and it bothered her, so being a out going, voice her opinion kind of person she is... she went up to customer service and asked them nicely why he was allowed in. and why wasnt anything done about it... they stated that they couldnt do anything about it??? people can have breathing problems, health issues so they cant make him wear one.. made no sense.. why make the rules and post them.. if people may have breathing issues and its ok not to wear one????????? and this is a known named grocery chain. just makes no sense

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I was at Dollar Tree today & the lady in front of me began to gasp for air & had to pull her mask down to catch her breath or risk passing out...this is happening more & more in my area as it's getting hotter outside & inside. I have problems wearing a face mask too so  threw all of them away & switched to a face shield, I really like it but only wear it in stores.

The face shield isn't protecting others from your droplets, vapors, and the germs they carry. No store should allow you inside if they have a mask requirement.

Honored Contributor

There are various kinds of masks and some are easier to breathe in than others.

People should be willing to experiment a little.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Just like we require no one to smoke in public places...   I should not have to breath in smoke from YOUR cigarette....

We should require everyone wear a mask in public places....    I should not have to breath in your  droplets in the air.....  and possibly get infected by you.....

It is something that needs to be made law until this virus is contained

I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL CLAIM MEDICAL ISSUES FOR NOT COMPLYING... but the majority of people could comply.

And I am mostly talking about stores....crowds....etc....not like  making you wear a mask walking your dog around the block. All stores should make people  comply to come inside to shop like Costco does. 

I'm with you 100% @SeaMaiden it should be a requirement until at least the end of the year. This virus is not going away, and I am shocked and appalled by the irresponsible actions of many.

The mask coupled with social distancing is not that difficult, so why is it so difficult for so many to comply?

Regular Contributor

Re: Mandatory masks!

[ Edited ]

Can we post links?  I have just seen the best video regarding masks and would like to post a link for those interested.

ETA;  Just google - Health Expert Breaks Down Face Mask Misconceptions Amid Coronavirus

Trusted Contributor
I'm 100% for wearing masks!
Yes, they can be uncomfortable!
Yes, they can be warm!
Yes, they are an inconvenience!
But, I do believe they are some protection for ourselves and others. Even if wearing a mask just helps us feel safer psychologically, isn't that a good thing during these frightening and uncertain times????
People who have this attitude of "wearing a mask, nope, not happening" are risking themselves (and that's fine, go ahead and risk your own life, I don't care) but much more importantly, THEY ARE RISKING MY LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE I LOVE by being so selfish and inconsiderate!!! SMH!!!!!