Honored Contributor

Re: Love my Teeter inversion table

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I'd like to have one of those but we don't have room for it, really...

@YorkieonmyPillow

I have tons of room for all my exercise equipment, so none of them need folding. However, my Teeter 970 folds very easily and most of the space taken up is vertical(open space in my case). Not a big floor footprint at all when it is folded.

Just checked the folded dimensions of my Teeter 970. It is: 20"X 28"X 66". The first number is Depth/next is Width, and the big number is vertical. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I wish it had the longer handle on it to snap the bar across your feet. When DH had back problems I had to open/close it for him because he could not bend down enough to do it with his back.

@Nightowlz

My Teeter E6-970 is the one with the longer handle and the newer foot cups. Really makes it easy to lock your feet into it. That was one of the reasons I waited for that model to be on sale.

I don't think I would have a problem with the other models, but if and when my wife decides to try it, it will make it easier to lock, and the foot holders conform to a more comfy fit.

ETA: @Nightowlz@hoosieroriginalI too have been the shingles route. Mine lasted about 3 months. Mostly on my upper back/shoulders and upper arms. Made some movements uncomfortable, but nothing even close to the broken ribs I had over the years. 

My older sister had them pretty bad on her back and her son, a Doctor that owns several pain clinics, got her some newly released meds that really helped her deal with this problem.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have one of those. It's very relaxing. I have been trying to use it some since my back has been killing me from the Shingles. It hurts to use it with that so I have to take it easy. I need the stretching. I bought mine on HSN years ago when their coupons did not have a limit on how much you received. It was 25% off so I paid $225 for mine.

I wish it had the longer handle on it to snap the bar across your feet. When DH had back problems I had to open/close it for him because he could not bend down enough to do it with his back.

Thinking about getting Shingle shot..

Do you have any opinions? TIA🙋

@Sweet_Serenity - I think it is the best thing to do - getting the shot- like I said I still got a very mild case on my forehead, but once on the meds it went away quickly.  Shingles is nothing I would wish on anyone - it is very debilitating.  I had to go to work everyday and I swear that month I don't remember a thing - I was crazed with lack of sleep and pain. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz

My Teeter E6-970 is the one with the longer handle and the newer foot cups. Really makes it easy to lock your feet into it. That was one of the reasons I waited for that model to be on sale.

I don't think I would have a problem with the other models, but if and when my wife decides to try it, it will make it easier to lock, and the foot holders conform to a more comfy fit.

ETA: @Nightowlz@hoosieroriginalI too have been the shingles route. Mine lasted about 3 months. Mostly on my upper back/shoulders and upper arms. Made some movements uncomfortable, but nothing even close to the broken ribs I had over the years. 

My older sister had them pretty bad on her back and her son, a Doctor that owns several pain clinics, got her some newly released meds that really helped her deal with this problem.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut I'm felling pretty good today as the pain goes + the side effects from the gabapentin like dizzy, nauseous, thinking is off & so is my speech.

This is my description of the Shingles.

Felt like someone took a baseball bat & smacked it across my back, stomach & side several times which left my ribs broken & they took my ribs out set them on fire & put them back in my ribcage where they stayed on fire. That's what my pain felt like. I'm glad it's getting better just hope I don't end up with nerve damage. I'm a big baby when it comes to pain. I don't deal with it very well. At least I'm not waking up in tears now. The pain was always worse when it woke me up.

Valued Contributor

@hoosieroriginalI've always wanted to get one. I have 2 ruptured discs that aggravate me sometimes. I went to a chiropractor several years ago and he put me in some sort of a traction device, and my pain improved greatly and my calf muscles were then able to contract. Before that, my leg was essentially "dragging". Every so often I have some pain. I think the teeter might be helpful for this. I just have never come across someone that actually has one and uses it.  The neurosurgeon I saw said I "needed" surgery. For the past 17 years I have managed to avoid "the knife" and I intend to keep avoiding it.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

@hoosieroriginalI've always wanted to get one. I have 2 ruptured discs that aggravate me sometimes. I went to a chiropractor several years ago and he put me in some sort of a traction device, and my pain improved greatly and my calf muscles were then able to contract. Before that, my leg was essentially "dragging". Every so often I have some pain. I think the teeter might be helpful for this. I just have never come across someone that actually has one and uses it.  The neurosurgeon I saw said I "needed" surgery. For the past 17 years I have managed to avoid "the knife" and I intend to keep avoiding it.

@CatLoverDogsToo - HSN has a couple of versions - I bought the cheaper version - very well made, easy to put together - did it myself.  I keep it in my spare bedroom and anytime I have a twinge in my back, I jump on it.  The week before I bought it I was essentially hunched over because I could not stand up straight - I have a disc missing (my sister pulled a chair out from under me on cement and I fell on my tailbone).  Drs say the disc is gone.  So I feel sometimes like my back has settled down on my hips and it is very painful.  I'm on day 3 of removing wallpaper and painting a huge kitchen and my back is not bothering me.  HSN usually has free shipping on large items also - I think mine was $299 - well worth it!  They even have a massage pad with heat and massage you can purchase to put on top of your Teeter - when I have some extra money I would love to buy that. 

Trusted Contributor

We have one and I think it's a great device. Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable using it. Any bit of a decline where I start to feel the stretch I feel like my eyeballs are popping out. I know of someone else who gets that feeling. Other family members enjoy it -- lucky them. 

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal ... We've been thinking about getting an inversion table. My nephew has a lot of back trouble. Surgery did not help, so he purchased the inversion table. He swears by it. He said it is the best health product he ever bought and that he is off pain meds now. I'm sure it works differently for everyone, but I'm going to try his the next time we are visiting the state he lives in. Glad you like yours.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatLoverDogsToo

Was on blood pressure meds because of my heart attacks even though I have never had high BP. Cardiologists like their heart attack patients to keep their BP as low as possible, but only to a point they feel comfortable. Inversion and BP Meds are a "no-no", and could cause serious problems.

Talked my heart doc into letting me quit the BP Meds for 2 months to see what my BP readings would be. Worked out with them staying around 95/65, which is way low enough. Right away I checked on the Teeter prices. Decided to wait till the one I wanted, Top-of-their lines.

Finally had the F70 at $130 off. Jumped right on and ordered it. Have been doing the full inversion since the 2nd week and really enjoy using it. Takes some getting used to, longer for some than others. The secret is the user has to completely relax, and some just seem to tense up during inverting, even a small inversion.

I too "always wanted a Teeter", but my heart attacks kept me from being able to use it. If you are not on any meds that prohibit inversion, next time hsn has a Teeter model on sale, go for it, you've got the 30 day return. Might be just the ticket to remove those "aggravations.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)