Respected Contributor

Love my Teeter inversion table

If you have back problems like me - I cannot say enough about this product.  I've had mine a couple of years - used to go to chiropractor constantly because my back was out.  Today my hips and back were completelly ajar - hurt to walk.  Just went in and got on my Teeter - you have to totally relax and let your back settle into the bed of the table.  I put a towel on mine because I find it is more comfortable.  The minute my back settled in - I could feel it adjust back to normal - then I inverted just slightly and the pops up my spine and into my upper back continued - all good again.  I would have paid $90 or more for my chiropractor to do that - plus I would have had to wait for an appointment.  Best purchase ever! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love my Teeter inversion table

I'd like to have one of those but we don't have room for it, really...

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I'd like to have one of those but we don't have room for it, really...

@YorkieonmyPillow - they do fold up - I just leave mine up in my sewing room.

Honored Contributor

I have one of those. It's very relaxing. I have been trying to use it some since my back has been killing me from the Shingles. It hurts to use it with that so I have to take it easy. I need the stretching. I bought mine on HSN years ago when their coupons did not have a limit on how much you received. It was 25% off so I paid $225 for mine.

I wish it had the longer handle on it to snap the bar across your feet. When DH had back problems I had to open/close it for him because he could not bend down enough to do it with his back.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have one of those. It's very relaxing. I have been trying to use it some since my back has been killing me from the Shingles. It hurts to use it with that so I have to take it easy. I need the stretching. I bought mine on HSN years ago when their coupons did not have a limit on how much you received. It was 25% off so I paid $225 for mine.

I wish it had the longer handle on it to snap the bar across your feet. When DH had back problems I had to open/close it for him because he could not bend down enough to do it with his back.

@Nightowlz - so sorry you are struggling with shingles - I had them a few years back and it was the most painful thing I have experienced.  I don't think lying on the Teeter would be comfortable with shingles since the bed is so hard.  I feel your pain - I could not get comfortable in any position - was up all night long - I was a zombie for a solid month.  Get a shingles vaccine when you are well enough - won't prevent another outbreak, but will make it milder - I had a second outbreak on my face after that, but it was very mild and didn't last long. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz - so sorry you are struggling with shingles - I had them a few years back and it was the most painful thing I have experienced.  I don't think lying on the Teeter would be comfortable with shingles since the bed is so hard.  I feel your pain - I could not get comfortable in any position - was up all night long - I was a zombie for a solid month.  Get a shingles vaccine when you are well enough - won't prevent another outbreak, but will make it milder - I had a second outbreak on my face after that, but it was very mild and didn't last long. 

@hoosieroriginal Well once on the hang ups when I go back my back is not on the back part much so that does not bother me. I just have pain doing it that I did not have before the Shingles. I have had it just over 5 wks now. I guess it's gone & I have PHN since the doctor put me on gabapentin. I slept as long as I took a pain pill before bed. In the beginning only 3-5 hrs but can now sleep 6-8. We have a sleep number bed so I let more air out to make it softer. I could only sleep on my right side. I just hope it all eventually goes away. I have never been in so much pain in my life either. Never taken so many prescription drugs. I don't like the way the make me feel. 

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@hoosieroriginal Well once on the hang ups when I go back my back is not on the back part much so that does not bother me. I just have pain doing it that I did not have before the Shingles. I have had it just over 5 wks now. I guess it's gone & I have PHN since the doctor put me on gabapentin. I slept as long as I took a pain pill before bed. In the beginning only 3-5 hrs but can now sleep 6-8. We have a sleep number bed so I let more air out to make it softer. I could only sleep on my right side. I just hope it all eventually goes away. I have never been in so much pain in my life either. Never taken so many prescription drugs. I don't like the way the make me feel. 

@Nightowlz - I thought I was going to have nerve damage also because mine lasted exactly 30 days.  I was at my wit's end.  I am so sorry you are going through all of that - it is the worst pain in the world. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz - I thought I was going to have nerve damage also because mine lasted exactly 30 days.  I was at my wit's end.  I am so sorry you are going through all of that - it is the worst pain in the world. 

@hoosieroriginal Thurs will be 6 wks. I guess if it does not go away I have to find other ways to help. I may checkout acupuncture. I have to find ways to relax & get pain off my mind which I don't know how you are suppose to do that. I need to find out if there are certain exercises or stretches I should do that would help. Used to do Tai Chi so need to start doing that again.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

Been on meds for many years that would not be safe for me to invert. Once I finally am off all of those meds, I waited till the Teeter 970 was on sale again. I got it about a month ago and use it every day.

I have had my L-4/S-1 and L-3 discs surgically removed from my back. Really haven't had any serious back issues primarily because of be faithful to keeping my core muscles strong, and all rear side muscles flexible. Only times I have not done this is during my many recoveries from my serious health issues.

I had Inversion Boots made way back in the late 1970's by a friend at work. Not easy to use for those not willing to risk injury, just by getting hooked up to a bar. Only inversion was a full 90°, that was it.

Can say my back might be a bit better, but for me, when at the full 90° inversion, I can do my ab curls for my upper/lower and oblique muscles. No other way I know of where a person can get more resistance that enables me to achieve much stronger core muscles.

Feels good just getting the stretching sensation from even a 60° inversion. Took me maybe a week before I felt like I wanted to fully invert. I had to change holes on the balance hinges so the table would lock out at full inversion.

So happy your Teeter works so well for you, and sounds like in that couple of years you have owned it, it might be paying for itself. Chiropractor at $90 a pop? Would pay for my top-of-the-line Teeter 970 in less than 4 visits.

Inversion is not for everyone, especially those on BP and other types of meds. For those with a cranky spine/no medical reasons that prevent inversion, a Teeter is worth giving a try. Can always return in the 30 days if they are not happy with it.

Thanks for this thread. Gave me a chance to talk about my experiences with Inversion, and specifically, the Teeter 970. I absolutely love this model or Roger Tester's Machines.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Thinking about getting Shingle shot..

Do you have any opinions? TIA🙋