Esteemed Contributor

Left knee replacement tomorrow

Five years ago I had the right knee done. It worked out very well. I postponed doing the left because of my mother's stroke, my husband's stroke and Alzheimer's, and my dog's cancer. My beloved beagle is gone but my mother and husband will never recover. I waited way too long to get my knee done. I can't even walk anymore without extreme pain. I realized health doesn't wait. Once again I learned my lesson the hard way.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Left knee replacement tomorrow

@Vivian Wishing you a good surgery tomorrow & hoping your back to doing cartwheels soon.

Honored Contributor

wishes for successful surgery

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian 

One hard part about being a care giver is trying to make sure you take care of yourself too. It's hard to think of our own needs when we have loved ones who need our help. You did the best you could. 

I hope your knee surgery goes well and your pain is diminished. Good luck.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@Vivian prayers for another successful surgery! Will pray that the healing hands of God guide your surgeon and provide for a smooth recovery.  

Honored Contributor

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great and you can look forward to relief from the pain and being mobile again. I had my left knee done 5 years ago and it's 75% of what I hoped for. I'm happy with that, but I've been delaying getting my right knee done.  That knee is hurting more so I'm going to have to get it done.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian 

I hope all goes as planned with your Knee Replacement Surgery tomorrow. There are many health issues that can't and don't wait, and I am experienced them several times. 

Glad you are at a point where you are able to get this done. You have been through a lot and now you can take care of you.

Best wishes to you,

hckynut 🇺🇸 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Vivian  Very sound advice. Sounds as though you had no choice and had I been asked to make that decision I would absolutely done the same. What we can do now that your time has come is hold you up in prayer and know you can rely on your friends here.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian   Best  of luck to you.  I hope everything goes well and you have a Speedy recovery.

I too waited way to long to get my knee replaced.  I suffered with severe pain for a few years.  

I had my right knee replaced on December 13.  Today, only a month later, I am in much better shape and pain free.

I am wishing you the same.

Honored Contributor

Sending very best wishes to you @Vivian for an easy recovery.  It's been 11 years since my first surgery and 5 years since my second; still pain free.  Hoping these joints carry me out of this world as I never want to deal with another big recovery.  

However, my brother had knee replacement in October, and his recovery was absolutely nothing like mine!  He was back on the job driving a dump truck (straight shift) at 5 weeks.