Honored Contributor

Re: I have a problem it just started today

She sees the Dr so often, I can't beleive she hasn't been tested for diabetes. She just seems a bit fixated on this...

Honored Contributor

@cherry,

OP has been tested, she just forgets.   I see and re-live what I’ve been thru with my own Mom for the last 7 years in all of these posts.   

Esteemed Contributor

My Mom and husband both had diabetes but no one talked about it that is why I wonder. Never knew about UTI.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1,

When my husband was diagnosed with diabetes, his blood sugar was over 500, his thirst was unquenchable, he was constantly in the bathroom, and he had lost a significant amount of weight.   Due to the high concentration of sugar, his urine was sticky like syrup, and had a strong smell.   He looked bad and felt bad.  

It is very important for someone your age to stay well hydrated, as UTIs do ugly things to an older patient, both physically and mentally.  My best friend recently admitted her 85 year old mother to the hospital severely dehydrated and very confused because of a UTI.   She went into senior living once discharged from the hospital because it was clear she was not able to take care of herself in her home anymore.   

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Respected Contributor

Do you have Spinal Stenosis ? If so is it very painful to stand for a long period ?

Esteemed Contributor

I think you have gotten some good advice about getting some depends or feminine pads to wear.

If this continues, I really don't think you should wait till your next appointment. I'd call the dr this morning and try to get in.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 , It sounds like a UTI, please go to a walk in  clinic, do not wait until your doctors appointment.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

She is not the first to have a Dr. miss testing for being a diabetic. My husband went to the Dr. for years and all the Dr. ever told him was watch how much candy you eat. Plenty of things get missed at appointments unless you ask questions or bring up problems you are having.Or end up in the hospital, that how they found out problems that I have I told my husband I thought he was a diabetic because of his weird mood swings. It wasn't until he had severe cold chills and it hurt when he urinated that they found out that he was a diabetic..

Respected Contributor

It is possible to go to the drug store and buy your own testing supplies, you can't get them on insurance unless you are  put on medication, which I think is crazy.Or tell them at the DR. appointment that you want to be checked .