Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have a problem it just started today

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1  That doesn't happen with diabetes (at least I haven't had it happen and I've been diabetic for many years). Get to an Urgent Care Clinic immediately or your PCP on Monday.  Sounds like you have an UTI infection OR your new medication needs adjustment, which only a physician is able to do with lab work done first. Either one must be taken care of ASAP. Don't wait!! Explain the problem and get in immediately.

You need an antibiotic if it is an infection OR you need to have your meds adjusted if it is a side effect. Either way, it will only become worse if you wait.

ETA: Get some Depends to keep your clothing and bedding clean and dry. Best wishes.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

If this problem just started suddenly, see a doctor as soon as you can.  Even if it at Urgent Care.  

Honored Contributor

I don't see it being diabetes since it came on suddenly. Maybe you should be checked for an infection.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1   How are you doing today?  If you're still having a problem you absolutely must go to Urgent Care today.  You most likely have a urinary tract infection.  It will continue getting worse and you will be in pain.  You need to start an antibiotic today.  You can't wait until your appointment with your doctor.  This is a simple test that they can do at Urgent Care.  I don't think it's anything else, because it came on so suddenly.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I also think among the elderly , UTI can cause mental symptoms. I wouldn't let it go. Better to be safe than sorry

Good luck

Esteemed Contributor

NickNack--so far so good-no problem today yet. Thanks for being concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you foxxee for the article. My mother I believe had diabetes and so did my husband but they never talked about it.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

all of a sudden urine comes before I have a chance to go for there is no warning. It has happen a few times today. I hope it isn't a sign of diabetes. If it continues I will see the doctor for my next appoint is in 6 weeks.

You'd be having a lot of other signs if it was diabetes related. When I became a type 1 diabetic I was losing huge amounts of weight, had uncontrollable thirst, uncontrollable urination. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Incontinence is fairly common in people over the age of 81...certainly not something to jump to the conclusion that it is diabetes.

I thought you already were tested for diabetes recently and posted about it?

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@halfpint1 wrote:

all of a sudden urine comes before I have a chance to go for there is no warning. It has happen a few times today. I hope it isn't a sign of diabetes. If it continues I will see the doctor for my next appoint is in 6 weeks.

You'd be having a lot of other signs if it was diabetes related. When I became a type 1 diabetic I was losing huge amounts of weight, had uncontrollable thirst, uncontrollable urination. 

Type 2 diabetics often do not present with the symptoms that a Type 1 diabetic does. Many gain weight and thirst and uncontrollable urination is only when blood glucose values are above 250. Type 2 diabetes is insidious and that's why many patients aren't even aware they have the disease.....