Honored Contributor

I have to say that if I could do it all over, I would NOT have taken any hormones at all to control  my very mild menopause years, as I am convinced that they were a cause for my breast cancer in 2012-----I would think twice or more before even considering any it. I was 59 at the time with no history of cancer in my family. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

Premarin is pregnant mare urine.  They keep the mares pregnant all the time and collect their urine by cathetar.  Severe animal abuse.  My OBGYN wanted me to take it years ago.  I did for awhile until my sister told me what it was.  Do your research.

My mother took Premarin and developed cervical cancer! She had a hysterectomy and her doctor wanted to put her on premarin again!!!! I said No...that makes no sense!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

When I went in to early menopause (about 12 years ago), my doctor put me on Premarin.

I took it for about a week, then I got to thinking.

My mother would not have taken it, because menopause is a natural part of a woman's life.

It's not a disease that needs to be cured, so why treat like it is one?

It was just starting to come out about the connection between HRT and heart attacks.

And, even then, I knew that Premarin was made from pregnant mare urine. Hence the name.

PRE = pregnant 

Mar = mare

IN = urine

For those reasons, I stopped taking it.

What a smart woman you are!!!! I took black cohosh, (an herbal remedy)I think my mom did too..and we made it through menopause ok..

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@marip 

No one should use Premarin. 

Two brands you you should check out on Amazon are Smoky Mountain Naturals and Emerita. Read the reviews and then try one or the other. 

I saw a Holistic doctor years ago...decided then to go nartural!!!!!!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I haven't been on the boards much lately but felt I needed to respond to this.  I am very much against Premarin.  I took it in pill form in my late 40's.  I started having pain....lot's of pain.  The doctors sent me in for xrays and found I had two rather large tumors ( they thought they were tumors) on my liver.  One on the right lobe and one on the left.  After more tests they found out they were hemangiomas.  They told me they wouldn't operate unless I was in excruciating pain because they were bleeders and so was the liver.  Otherwise..... it meant it would be a very dangerous operation for me to have.  The  internalist said I was born with the hemangiomas and, to  his knowledge, estrogen didn't have anything to do with them.  My family doctor begged to differ and said since that was the only new medication I was taking, it stands to reason I should stop it and see what happens.  I stopped it and the hemangiomas shrunk down to nothing and are barely dectectable now.  Thank God for my family doctor.  That was over 20 yrs. ago and I have never had another problem with them. Never took another estrogen pill either!

YES! Thank God for your family doctor!!!!!! Heart

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

For the dryness and itching I highly recommend taking 1000 mg daily of Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil in softgels. it helps to lubricate the tissues from the inside, I have been taking them since 2011, and it does help. I dont use anything externally. I use Nu Health brand, get them on ebay.  It should be the Berry Oil, not the Seed oil and not the blend of the 2.  In the brginning you could take 4 softgels per day for the first month or 2, then maintain with 2. 

Wow!!!!!! Dimitri  (Skinn)  was talking about Sea Buckthorn oil, he uses it in one of his products...and I used to use Aubrey cosmetics and they used it too!!!! I will definitely be looking at the Nu Health on Ebay!! Thanks so much!!!!! Heart

-- Mae West