Contributor

I have ****** atrophy and my Gyn prescribed Premarin for it.  Anyone here tried Premarin for ****** atrophy and did it help?  I'm debating if I want to get the prescription I'm afraid of the blood clots and stroke that it could cause.    I'm 67 years old.

Respected Contributor

Is it the cream?   I didn’t use Premarin cream but a similar type of prescription and it did work.  But (at least with my prescription plan) it was kind of pricey every month and I no longer use it.  I don’t know how safe it is. 

Contributor

It's a cream.   She's prescribing it because I've been having urinary frequency and atrophy could cause frequency.

Honored Contributor

@marip wrote:

It's a cream.   She's prescribing it because I've been having urinary frequency and atrophy could cause frequency.

did you discuss your concerns with your Dr.?

that is where I would begin,  

everyone has an opinion, and it's none of their business 

Super Contributor

My Mom used to be on it after her hysterectomy.  She ended up having memory issues.

The combination of this medicine, low B vitamins in her diet, and one other thing, can cause memory problems.  Do as much research as you can online and find out as much as you can about this product.  Everything you take....has side effects unless it is totally natural.  Good luck

Super Contributor

Premarin is pregnant mare urine.  They keep the mares pregnant all the time and collect their urine by cathetar.  Severe animal abuse.  My OBGYN wanted me to take it years ago.  I did for awhile until my sister told me what it was.  Do your research.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t take it to be honest. 

New Contributor

PLEASE do some research on how this drug is made and what happens to the pregnant mares - and their poor babies - whose urine is used to make it. It is beyond cruel.

Honored Contributor

If it's a cream form the risk of it being harmful is very low.

Honored Contributor

Wow I had no idea about the mares.Smiley Sad I wouldn't take it either. I wonder if there is a cf alternative?