Honored Contributor

Re: Heart Attacks: Plant-Based Diet Exercise Solution

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

FWiW. My recent lipids panel.

Total Chol 131, HDL42, LDL 78, Triglycerides 53.

BP runs 110s/ 60's.

BMI 20.

Fasting BS 60.

My HDL is considered acceptable based on other measurements.

@Lacey1

Girl!  I just had to emphasize your beautiful life again!!

THIS is what I'm talkin' ABOUT!!!

I have a very good friend who was 350lb, diabetic, high cholesterol. 

She lost over 200lb on a LFWFPB diet.

Today zero medications.

Diabetes?  Gone.  No medications. No testing.

It makes her so upset...insulted, really....when people have a 'meh' attitude about their illnesses & just label it 'genetic'.   She's worked long & really hard to get the beautiful results she has today.  It's a personal decision to stay sick or to get well.

@sidsmom

Good for your friend. Always enjoy reading about people that put in the work and effort necessary to lose weight, which in turn, makes most of them a much healthier and happier person. They also seem to be able to enjoy their lives much more.

@While it frosted my *****, I just would say, "keep working at it, you'll make it"? Hats off to your friend and @Lacey1.

hckynut(john)

Thanks, @hckynut, your comments & support means a lot!

The message is an uphill battle, but it's a battle worth fighting!

PS:  "...frosted my *****" made me giggle. 

🌻🌺❤️🌼🍠🌽

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Wow, so now you're judging the worth of and shaming people you don't even know because on a photo that was posted online. 

I don't have to judge too much since all my

plant-based leaders are slim & trim in nature.

The overweight/obese 'health' leaders is just shocking in nature. 

Like I said, it would be funny if not so incredibly sad.

Classic case of Americans emulating their health leaders.

Overweight, obese.

I won't speak for anyone but myself on this .... although I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here.

Where did you get the idea that Americans go around "emulating their overweight obese health leaders"?   Is it possible you've been exposed to a cult?   (I wouldn't expect you to be able to answer this objectively)

You honestly believe someone sees a "health leader" and thinks, hey, I'll gain weight to be like them?  Seriously?   

Over the years I've read a great deal about nutrition from various sources and studies .....  and have never once thought I should "copy" another person.   Some information resonates, and other information doesn't, but there are also an enormous number of variables that factor into this.  They must all be considered carefully.

Your "plant based leaders" might talk a good game .... but don't drink the Kool Aid.

Honored Contributor

Overweight, obese, unhealthy.

It's becoming the new 'normal".

That's why this entire thread strikes a nerve with so many.

People refuse to look in the mirror & take blame 

for modern day illnesses which can be prevented/cured.

Again....the lady in the original post is a wonderful example

of this message....changing diet heals & cures.

Funny....this news report just came across my newsfeed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/obese-people-outnumber-underweight-people-time-human-history/story?id=3...

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Wow, so now you're judging the worth of and shaming people you don't even know because on a photo that was posted online. 

I don't have to judge too much since all my

plant-based leaders are slim & trim in nature.

The overweight/obese 'health' leaders is just shocking in nature. 

Like I said, it would be funny if not so incredibly sad.

Classic case of Americans emulating their health leaders.

Overweight, obese.

I won't speak for anyone but myself on this .... although I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here.

Where did you get the idea that Americans go around "emulating their overweight obese health leaders"?   Is it possible you've been exposed to a cult?   (I wouldn't expect you to be able to answer this objectively)

You honestly believe someone sees a "health leader" and thinks, hey, I'll gain weight to be like them?  Seriously?   

Over the years I've read a great deal about nutrition from various sources and studies .....  and have never once thought I should "copy" another person.   Some information resonates, and other information doesn't, but there are also an enormous number of variables that factor into this.  They must all be considered carefully.

Your "plant based leaders" might talk a good game .... but don't drink the Kool Aid.

I have come to the conclusion that this particular poster is just coming here to "troll" @Tinkrbl44, in order to get attention from the rest of us.

She seems to take a great deal of pleasure in making malicious comments directed at those of us posting here, and at others on the internet.

That's what trolls do. 

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting as it has become too contentious....