Respected Contributor

Re: Health Scare I want to share

@hoosieroriginal  Thanks for sharing your story!  I'm glad I opened the thread.  Glad you're doing well!!!!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your post, it is an eye opener for sure. I wake up every morning telling myself that I am going to drink more water ( I had a kidney stone so I was told to drink more).  I hardly ever succeed. My problem is that I am never thirsty. I dont ever look to drink. Like my husband drinks 5-6 water bottles a day. I have to make a conscience effort to drink and than I'm forcing myself. I hope you do better than me. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the post, everybody,

Image result for drink more water word pics

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal I'm glad you're ok. You sound like the type of person who just goes and goes without taking time for you. Your well being is more important than your work☺ 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I have seen the effects of my husband when he had cancer,of not staying hydrated,he kept passing out.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

A couple of weeks ago, while working on laundry room, I suddenly felt very tired, no energy.  Was forcing myself to work on it.  Then I started having symptoms similar to gallbladder issues (which I have had before).  Stomach ache, belching constantly, pain in right upper quadrant, nauseous.  I had no appetite whatsoever - could get down a couple of pieces of watermelon each day the entire week.  Went to dr last Wednesday.  Dr. did blood work, scheduled me for a complete abdominal ultrasound yesterday.  Last Friday I get a call that blood work shows I am "severely dehydrated" and that I need to get water in me immediately as my kidneys were in stage III renal failure.  (When I get busy, I hardly eat or drink anything).  I started drinking 50-64 oz of water that day and by the next day my symptoms were gone.  I did have my scan yesterday as she told me to go ahead with it.  Kidneys, spleen, aorta, pancreas, gallbladder and liver, all good.  My friend is the same way, can drink a couple of small drinks a day and is good.  She's now forcing water down.  It is a chore for me to get that much water down, but dr called today with my scan results and said it's imperative to drink 64 oz of water a day.  Drink your water folks! 

I was told by my Dr that I needed to drink water even you are not thirsty. Also, it doesn't  seem like you take care of yourself. How can you forget to eat!! No one gets that busy. I suggest that you take a look at your lifestyle. 

Regular Contributor

My husband will go out and cut the lawn after only having a cup of coffee in the AM and then come in and say "Wow I almost passed out." I in turn will ask him if he had anything to drink and of course he only had the coffee. Came in and had a sip of water and returned to cutting the lawn. SMH

Respected Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

Thanks for your post, it is an eye opener for sure. I wake up every morning telling myself that I am going to drink more water ( I had a kidney stone so I was told to drink more).  I hardly ever succeed. My problem is that I am never thirsty. I dont ever look to drink. Like my husband drinks 5-6 water bottles a day. I have to make a conscience effort to drink and than I'm forcing myself. I hope you do better than me. 

@SandPiper - I too had a kidney stone last October - it is a job for me to drink all that water - but after this scare - I really am putting forth the effort - I, like you, could drink a glass of water a day and be satisfied.  One other good thing came out of it - I'm so full of water, I have cut way back on my snacking! 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal I'm glad you're ok. You sound like the type of person who just goes and goes without taking time for you. Your well being is more important than your work☺ 

@Greeneyedlady21 - and my doggies need me too!  I need to take better care of myself for them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad you are on the mend.  For years, thanks to WW, I got into the habit of drinking water.  I didn't always stick to the 64oz rule but I got close.  Fairly recently I was having bouts of UTIs and my doctor told me the general rule of thumb is that you should drink half your weight in ounces of water.  So if you weigh 110 pounds, you should drink 55 ounces of water.

If I needed to drink as much as I weight, I'd need an IV going into me and I'd never be out of the bathroom.  Woman Frustrated