Trusted Contributor

Re: Health Scare I want to share

@Group 5 minus 1

Why do you find this hard to believe?

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a tip if you get sick of drinking plain water...I add a little low cal Gatorade or a splash of iced tea, whatever you like, and it really makes a difference.  

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Here's a tip if you get sick of drinking plain water...I add a little low cal Gatorade or a splash of iced tea, whatever you like, and it really makes a difference.  

I buy 15 calorie Minute Maid Lemonade and water it down.  It's delicious.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please, please, please be careful about drinking too much water.   My sister became very ill last spring and was taken to the ER.   Her sodium level was so low she was critical.   She has always loved water and drank a ton of it.  

The ER Doctors warned her about drinking too much water.  They told her it can flush out good things that we need also like sodium.   The same thing happen to a bridge friend of mine.   The ER Docs told her the same thing.  

I don't know what 'enough' is or how we determine it, but I do believe now that we have to be careful with water consumption and not follow some magic formula.   All I know is that my sister and friend could have died due to critically low sodium.