Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Heard The News About Fiber?

Thanks! Ive never heard a specific amount. Tissyanne will check out the site as well. Thanks! Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I keep track of fiber and I consume around 30-40 gms a day. I have always tried to keep my fiber consumption high, but I have fallen off the wagon a few times. Two of my favorite ways to get more fiber include Chia seeds(one TB has 5.5 gms of fiber). The next is pasta by Fiber Gourmet. They recently introduced Penne with a whopping 20 gms of fiber!!! Be sure to check out their site. I have not ordered any of their crackers because I am trying to avoid snacks and crackers are a downfall for me, but their pasta is terrific. Poodlepet2
Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 TriciatheRealtor said:

Gosh people can be so mean. Why bother to comment if it is just to be snarky? NoelSeven was just sharing information that HAS been all over the news today. I too saw it on ABC World News Tonight, and took note of it. The "meat" of this new study was claiming that when a lot of fiber was added to diet people loose weight, more than people who don't.

So, please chill out. (My daughter's school district has this campaign right now called #benice. Iwould say we could use some of that here.)

Thank you Smiley Happy
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 TriciatheRealtor said:

Gosh people can be so mean. Why bother to comment if it is just to be snarky? NoelSeven was just sharing information that HAS been all over the news today. I too saw it on ABC World News Tonight, and took note of it. The "meat" of this new study was claiming that when a lot of fiber was added to diet people loose weight, more than people who don't.

So, please chill out. (My daughter's school district has this campaign right now called #benice. Iwould say we could use some of that here.)

Speaking for myself, my comments weren't meant to be 'snarky'....it's just 100% shock and really, disappointment, that something like this is 'news'. We learned Nutrition back in elementary school....as adults, we should know better. When did the general public get sooooo off track?

Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Tissyanne said: Google Full Plate Living Home, and sign up to receive emails and videos (free) to teach you all about fiber, which foods to eat, very informative. I am really enjoying this, and learning.
Thank you for that information, I will look for it!
Honored Contributor

I have, in the past, kept track of the # of grams/day I was getting. I seem to remember that for my weight, the target # was about 25.

Keeping track of it made me make better choices, and although I no longer track it, I'm eating the same way.

I'd be really happy eating croissants, pasta, and sooo many carbs all day long! I love these foods...but I've learned to mix them with fiber rich foods, and now eat so many things I never ate in the past....lots of spinach, kale, turnips, black beans, etc.

Honored Contributor

They taught that in high school.........50 years ago.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I eat lots of veggies daily (vegetarian here).

For added fiber and protein I drink a glass of unsweetened almond milk with three heaping tablespoons of Nutiva's Organic Hemp powder and a few taps of cinnamon for some 'oomph'. Cause this is the sludgiest drink you could imagine. The glass is a MESS when you get done. But I like it.

Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Poodlepet2 said: I keep track of fiber and I consume around 30-40 gms a day. I have always tried to keep my fiber consumption high, but I have fallen off the wagon a few times. Two of my favorite ways to get more fiber include Chia seeds(one TB has 5.5 gms of fiber). The next is pasta by Fiber Gourmet. They recently introduced Penne with a whopping 20 gms of fiber!!! Be sure to check out their site. I have not ordered any of their crackers because I am trying to avoid snacks and crackers are a downfall for me, but their pasta is terrific. Poodlepet2
You really are good! I also have chia seeds daily, and flax seed. I've also been tracking down high fiber sources in pasta. WW has a high fiber pasta with marinara sauce, 5p. I'm not a big fan of frozen food, but I enjoyed the WW pasta.
Honored Contributor

september...if you eat oatmeal in the morning, throw on 2 HUGE handfuls of greens on top....they melt into the oatmeal. Nice way to get greens first thing! And fiber rich.