Esteemed Contributor
Can someone reccomend a good Tumeric supplement that actually works.
Honored Contributor

What is it exactly that you want the turmeric to do?

Esteemed Contributor
I have a arthritic condition. I thought I would see if it helps with inflamation like it is supposed to.
Respected Contributor

Just look for turmeric/ curcumin with bioperine. You can find it online, or ask your local health supplements store to recommend one. Taking it with a whole peppercorn or two supposedly helps absorption, as does the bioperine.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
I have a arthritic condition. I thought I would see if it helps with inflamation like it is supposed to.

I get mine at Costco.  It's by YouTheory.  I think it helps my arthritis some but my husband doesn't think it helps him at all, @ccassaday.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Good tumeric supplement

[ Edited ]

It's not Tumeric, it's Turmeric.  If you're going to take it, you need a hefty amount.  Dosages should be 1-3 grams daily.  DH and I take 800 mg. twice daily.  I get the Vitacost brand.  

Trusted Contributor

I took a turmeric supplement one time (think it was Vitacost brand), but it was too strong for my stomach (gave it to my husband and he was fine with it).  Currently I'm taking the one Andrew Lessman makes, and it doesn't upset my stomach.

Respected Contributor

I tried a couple drug store brands and saw no difference. I used for inflammation, arthritis. I use Andrew Lessman now and I can tell a difference in how my joints feel.  I now use faithfully.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

There is no guarantee that every supplement, or even every drug, will work as it is "supposed to do" on every person. I have tried many supplements that other people swear by that did nothing for me. I have used some that I'm very pleased with. It's a karp shoot.

I have taken Andrew Lessman's turmeric/curcumin and do think it helped some.

It is also said, however, that best effect is achieved when you simply use the spice in cooking or in a glass of water, milk or tea, where it is supposedly more effective than in pill form.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

There are some very informative articles on Dr. Weil's site. He is a big believer in turmeric sups. I went there to read more about turmeric and learned everything I needed to know.Woman Happy