Honored Contributor

I've had 2-3 TENS units over the years. I always ended up sticking them in a drawer or tossing them because of the wires and electrodes, which could go bad, were never long enough, couldn't keep untwisted, kept coming out, etc. depending on the body part you were trying to use it on.

I'm in a position (haha) where I could really benefit from using one, and have just discovered there are wireless TENS units with remote controls! There are those without remotes as well, but people remark that if you're trying to use it on your back, it's very difficult to change settings w/o a remote. These wireless units are not. BTW, more expensive or much more expensive than an average TENS unit.

Has anyone had experience with the WIRELESS units? I'm very familiar with regular TENS units, don't need advice on those, but would like feedback from WIRELESS users. Thanks!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

No, but I love the idea. I always have my TENS unit ready to go from backaches to sprained ankles - it is a go to. Everyone should have one and they are so inexpensive - $20 and it lasts a life time! Never pay more!

Trusted Contributor

Hl @Moonchilde,

Sorry, I don't have one.

I haven't even heard of a wireless unit. That's a great idea, especially for your back, like you said.

I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten tangled up in mine, trying to awkwardly place it both on my upper and lower back at the same time. A wireless unit would really solve that problem. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

Hl @Moonchilde,

Sorry, I don't have one.

I haven't even heard of a wireless unit. That's a great idea, especially for your back, like you said.

I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten tangled up in mine, trying to awkwardly place it both on my upper and lower back at the same time. A wireless unit would really solve that problem. Smiley Happy

I hear ya, @Toppers. I had no idea there was such a thing -  and they've apparently been around a couple of years, judging by review dates - who knew?

I read a LOT of reviews last night for 5-6 different ones and think I have it fairly narrowed down, but wondered if anyone on the forums had one they like (or don't).

There are ones with remotes, and ones without. From what people say, if you get one without a remote you're doing the reaching-behind-you-blindly thing as far as changing the program or intensity, so for my use will go with a remote one.

Honored Contributor

@Beaches 1956 wrote:

No, but I love the idea. I always have my TENS unit ready to go from backaches to sprained ankles - it is a go to. Everyone should have one and they are so inexpensive - $20 and it lasts a life time! Never pay more!

I do tend to believe that you get what you pay for, especially with electronics. So no, I personally wouldn't buy a TENS unit (wireless or wired) that cost $20.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Toppers wrote:

Hl @Moonchilde,

Sorry, I don't have one.

I hear ya, @Toppers. I had no idea there was such a thing -  and they've apparently been around a couple of years, judging by review dates - who knew?

I read a LOT of reviews last night for 5-6 different ones and think I have it fairly narrowed down, but wondered if anyone on the forums had one they like (or don't).

There are ones with remotes, and ones without. From what people say, if you get one without a remote you're doing the reaching-behind-you-blindly thing as far as changing the program or intensity, so for my use will go with a remote one.

I agree with you regarding the remote, @Moonchilde.

It makes sense to get one with it. I would do the same if I were going to get one. 

I can't see trying to change settings without one, especially for your back.

Honored Contributor

Never used a wireless TENS.

I have the one Tony Little sells on HSN. Never had any problems with it. They do work.

Honored Contributor

What I have found really odd is that ALL the reviews for MOST of the units were from people who were given free or reduced-cost units. I've been seeing these types of reviews on Amazon for years, but not to this degree. There is hardly a review, for say 4 out of 6 different machines, that doesn't have a disclaimer. Many of them are dumb/obvious and many are clearly scripted. Some just quote the text in the company's ad! SMH. I really had to dig to find any useful info. 

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't doubt with today's technology that the wireless units work well. Glad you brought it up. I'm going to look into too. I hate those darn wires. 

Super Contributor

I had a Tony LIttle 10's unit, and while I think it helped, the wires more than got in my way, so I sent it back and opted for a wireless unit. I was so excited to get it, but...wasn't even close to the ones with wires. No programs, just could up the intensity or drop it down, and to be truthful, except for the first couple of minutes, the intensity didn't feel any different, regardless of what speed you had it set on. I think the wireless is an amazing idea,, but I have to say they aren't near what the ones with wires are. The replacement pads are also quite expensive. I only used the unit twice and the pad wouldn't stick any longer. And, if you have dexterity issues, every time you want to re-run the program, there is a little teeny tiny button on the unit that you have to find and push, before the remote will turn back on. I will go back to my 10's with the wires.