Trusted Contributor

Re: Going to the Store👎

@Snoopp, thanks so much for the info! I will check it out! 😃
Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

THe problem is that perishable foods can't be delivered at least with Instacart.  I tried to get frozen foods and yogurt. 

Respected Contributor

All the people in markets packed like sardines, standing on lines, exchanging cash.  Sounds like a vector for the virus.  Please stay INDOORS until we get the all clear from Dr. Fauci.  I cant stress enough that this virus is 10x easier to catch than the flu.

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just got back from the supermarket.  It's only a block away.

More people shoppng today than last Sunday.  Store was well-stocked.  I got everything on my list.

It was nice to be able to talk to someone other than myself!   Even though school is out - the crossing guard was on duty - and we had a brief chat as I waited for the light to change.  I know the checkers and other supermarket employees so there was a "Hi, how are you" exchange.

--------------------------

I had the same experience last wednesday!  Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I had an anxiety attack recently, but since then, I have been 100% fine.

With that said, I don't worry about going outside.

I don't go in to a panic over everything that I touch, and fear that "What if it's contaminated?"

I am doing my part by staying home , but if I need to go out for something, I will, and I won't be terrified to do so.

Me too!  I also thank Jesus for His protection..the fear is gone! Heart Read the 91st Psalm!!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Went to the store this morning after not going for a week.  STILL out of anything to do with Sanitizing!!!  But grateful I did get the foods that  I went for!  About 6 people had a mask on and many more were wearing gloves.  Ppl were keeping their distance where I checkout out BUT the other lane that was open there was a line, everyone was Too Close together!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

The "senior only" hours seem to be back-firing.  Heard from a dear friend that the local Walmart looks like Black Friday.  Putting alll those vulberable people together during a one hour crunch seems like a recipe for the virus to spread. 

if you are vulnerable you should be quarantined in my opinion and not out shopping.  Use a delivery service to bring the goods to your home. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

THe problem is that perishable foods can't be delivered at least with Instacart.  I tried to get frozen foods and yogurt. 

@bargainsgirl :  Maybe it's just your area with Instacart, but mine delivered half and half along with butter.  I also ordered frozen veggies for DH's special diet.  I know they have the option of leaving outside your door.  I took advantage of that.  They are so good about texting and told me they had just left my house.  I was able to go outside, sanitize the bags and get my stuff in the

refrigerator.  Maybe try again??????????