Trusted Contributor

While cooking most meals at home now, load up on these items that are great for giving your immune system a boost. Mushrooms (including stems), broccoli, and tomatoes. Tomatoes are good, whether fresh or canned. I like to saute  the little cherry tomatoes in a little olive oil with salt, pepper and some basil flakes for just a couple minutes. It just intensifies the flavor.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boost Your Immune System

Garlic, onions, tumeric......

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Garlic, onions, tumeric......

___

Oh yes, I need to make a mugful of golden milk using turmeric. Thank you for the post!

Respected Contributor

Oh, @Sapphiregal , if only I could.  Diet is everything. I do a 3/4 diet of plant based foods and I'm really missing having an abundance of fresh produce. I'd settle for frozen veggies, but they aren't available either.  My stores are still bare. 

I've had to get creative. I had a little chunk of mozzarella cheese and my garden is bursting with basil, but I had no tomatoes.  You're right, I had a can of fire roasted tomatoes in my pantry and substituted, with a dash of balsamic. It was a terrific tomato, basil salad.

One thing I'm learning from this nasty experience, is to add to my garden.  It's a little late to start now, in my location, but it's going into the planning stage.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always good to eat tomatoes with healthy fats to better absorb the  lycopene, a   carotenoid hydrocarbon found in Tomatoes 

Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant with many health benefits, including sun protection, improved heart health and a lower risk of certain types of cancer

Respected Contributor

Raw real food.  Mostly fresh ripe fruits.  Freshly made salads.  Very low or no fat.  Drink water w/a squeeze of lemon or lime.

Sunshine, fresh air, xercise, no smoking or alcohol. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Tomatoes!  I always have at least 15 cans of them--all organic--at any time.  I love them and use them in everything and sometimes just eat them out of the can or with cottage cheese or macaroni! Bell peppers--a must!

Also frozen fruit and veggies, onions, garlic, canned greens and frozen (better than none!), chicken breasts, extra virgin olive oil, organic almonds and walnut pieces, BEANS (dried and canned!), large quantities of black, green and herbal teas.

Avocados when I can get them. USA canned tuna, sardines from Mediterranean area, and salmon wild caught and processed in Alaska.

Respected Contributor

Agree!  I am also glad I made - and am keeping - a New Yearr's resolution to exercise 5 to 6 days a week.  I really think that helps as well.

Stay as healthy as you can folks!!!

Respected Contributor

Exactly, @Sapphiregal  This is precisely what we all must do to strenghten ourselves.  Last night, I made kasha (aka buckwheat) with chopped onions, chopped mushrooms, and chopped garlic.  I enjoyed every bite of it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought some elderberry extract powder and I make a drink with it. Tastes good. 

I also take a shiitake mushroom supp and also one teaspoon of pure vitamin C, divided into doses, throughout the day, everyday.

Eat fresh whole food as much as I can.