Trusted Contributor
I am venturing out to the grocery store/pharmacy tomorrow to pick up some groceries and prescriptions for myself and my mom. I have to say, I am pretty nervous about this. I have a good sized list as I'm not going out unless I have to so I waited until I really had to go. I'll definitely be keeping my distance from others but still, I really don't want to go! UGH!!! Remember what life was like when we never even gave a thought to just walking into a market or retail store. Now it's become possibly life-threatening (for ourselves and for our family members we are returning home to) to walk through those doors! 😷
Respected Contributor

@hooked on books 

I wish you all of the best in the world.  I too don't want to go to the store. When the time comes, I will do an online order and pick them up myself. Just remember all of the precautions during and after and you should be fine. Tell yourself "Do Not Touch My Face!"  (this is my biggest issue)

Not everyone is taking this social distancing seriously and you can't control everything. My neighbor's high school son had his best friend over today and they were playing basketball in very close contact with one another. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Going to the Store👎

[ Edited ]

Please try to relax. I'm in grocery or home improvement stores about four times a week. Nothing catastrophic has happened to me or my loved ones. I wash my hands in the store and as soon as I get home.

When you return home, why don't you wear a mask around your mother if you're that concerned. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, I stocked very well but after 12 days am running out of fresh produce. My son can leave things at my door, but I haven't even been near him. He has a store. 
   I can manage for a month, possibly two if I ration things. 
    I need to keep well for my dogs. One is 16 and nobody wants the other one, she's hyperactive. 
     I'm well stocked on dogfood when it runs low my son will bring it. I hope. 

Trusted Contributor
I'm trying to order as much as I can on-line and have it delivered. I'm mostly concerned about my 84 year old mother and 76 year old husband. They both have several underlying medical conditions and are both considered very high-risk. Of course, I'm concerned for myself but I am terribly afraid for them! Good luck to everyone who needs to leave the safety of their homes!!😷😞
Trusted Contributor
Oops! Sorry, I forgot to thank you all for responding and being so supportive!! Grateful for my fellow posters!!!😀
Honored Contributor

Except for my daily dog walks, I haven't been anywhere in about two weeks. If it's at all possible, I encourage online shopping and have it delivered. Save yourself the stress and protect yourself...seriously.

Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee, ITA! I wish my pharmacy delivered but they don't (they are right in the grocery store) so I might as well grab some things since I'll be in there anyway. It will be a quick trip though, believe me! I'm getting my cat's food and litter on-line/delivered and that's a huge help! 😀
Trusted Contributor

@hooked on books  Today I made a trip to my nearest Sam's Club. I had a pretty good sized list, so I decided to just bite the bullet and go. After I was dressed, I sat here for half an hour before I left. I have anxiety, but normally have it under control. But lately that's Been hard to do. I'm a very social and outgoing person. So I had a good talk with myself and went on my way. The store was busy, but not anywhere near crowded. Everyone was very mindful of keeping distance from each other. Most items were limited a to one per person. That was fine by me. The only problem was no tp, paper towels or napkins. Also no bread, chicken, ground beef or sausage. Cereal was very limited. I was disappointed because that means I have to go back out again soon. But I'm very grateful for what I was able to get.

Honored Contributor

Re: Going to the Store👎

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books -

I know what you mean! My daughter was wondering who should go to the store, she or her husband. They have a new little one so you think you don't want to get it at the store and bring it home!

A few weeks ago I wasn't too nervous about being in the store but yes its just not knowing. We can only do the very best we can!

Another difference is unlike several weeks ago, none of my kids take my grandchildren to the store with them anymore.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"