Respected Contributor

Understanding HDL and LDL is always a good place to start when discussing cholesterol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Generic Lipitor

[ Edited ]

@sann wrote:

Understanding HDL and LDL is always a good place to start when discussing cholesterol.

@sann 

Yes it is. The ratio between HDL/LDL is a very important number when in comes CAD. But never leave out Genetics.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@sann wrote:

@sann 

Yes it is. The ratio between HDL/LDL is a very important number when in comes CAD. But never leave out Genetics.

hckynut 

hckynut 

I like everything you have had to say about this topic. Best Regards have a great summer 😎

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Could it be that an ongoing joint issue has just gotten worse?  Lipitor is not known for joint problems.

Maybe go back for a reevaluation and different PT?

From Google:

"Lipitor Side Effects. Common Lipitor side effects are diarrhea, upset stomach, muscle and joint pain, and changes in some blood tests, according to Pfizer Inc. The drug label also warns of serious side effects such as liver problems and muscle problems that can lead to kidney failure."

I

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u 

Even many OTC meds have similar "warnings/side effects". Many even say "cause death", but they sell them by the millions. 

Sure Lipitor/Atorvastatin have side effects for many, moreso on those taking higher dosages, like 80mg. Like I mention in another post, I have been taking those 2 for many years, with few side effects.

If a person suffers by taking this statin, there are many others their doctor can prescribe. While it's nice for many not to take any prescription medicine, there are some like myself, that know where I would be without a few of mine.

Unless someone is getting their statins on some "black market", they all come with the risks involved in taking them. Almost all the ones I have ever taken, also come with sheets of information that go into even minute' detail about the med.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)