Esteemed Contributor

My son-in-law had gatric bypass surgery...He needed to lose 100lbs. I don't think it was worth it. First thing, his stitches  opened and he had to go back into surgery the next day because gastric juices were leaking out. He was given a 50/50 chance of making it.

He has lost the weight, but he started losing hair and can't eat rice, pasta or bread in even small amounts because he throws up.

He is 32 yrs old and I think he should have just gone to Weight Watchers to lose the 100 lbs.

For someone who has tried other ways and have not had success...it might be a good option...

Respected Contributor
For those of you who stated that you know someone who had the sleeve and they then had it removed or reversed, you are mistaken. The sleeve can neither be removed (there's nothing to remove,) nor can it be reversed.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because providing an email address is against Community Guidelines.

Honored Contributor

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

Thank you so much to everyone for your thoughtful responses. It is really helpful on these boards because you can get objective opinions, more so than from people who know you "in person"!  Bless you all. Sincere thanks for your time. đź’–

@sidsmom, thank you for your question. I am worried as I watch my weight go up more and more. I have MS and am not in a wheelchair, but have chronic pain and extreme fatigue. I just never feel full when I eat. I am often having bloodwork and other tests. I am sort of feeling like something extreme is all that is left for me. Been trying to work out risk vs. benefit, etc. I am so glad for your friend! I have even tried the Paleo diet, but I thought I was going to lose my mind! 🍗

@StillFuntoShop  Have you tried eating small portions throughout the day, nonfatty, and drinking lots of water?  This method prevents hunger, keeps energy up, and causes weight loss due to less calories in the small portions, no sugar, or course, or high fat content food, and do keep moving.