Honored Contributor

Re: For Those With Arthritis

@LilacTree wrote:

There are two kinds of arthritis . . . rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.  RA is an autoimmune disease, while Osteo is a joint disorder.  They are very different.

I'd like to contribute to this thread, but have to know which arthritis it is about.

Hi @LilacTreeWoman Happy,

I think the op was looking for more info about the general condition of having arthritis... inflammation of the joints irregardless of the etiology and recemmondations to help manage wellness.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Turmeric helps me a lot. You can Google it. Just make sure your turmeric is "standardized" and is "black-pepper-enhanced". Dr. Weil is a big fan of turmeric. Check out this article from is website:

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400915/Curcumin-or-Turmeric.html

@SilleeMee....could you please tell me how many mgs. you take? LOVE Dr. Weil.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer,

I take one 500 MG capsule three times a day with food.

Some people take it all at once. Not sure if it makes any difference. From what I've read doses that are lower or nearly lower than this, is wasteful. So don't skimp.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

There are two kinds of arthritis . . . rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.  RA is an autoimmune disease, while Osteo is a joint disorder.  They are very different.

I'd like to contribute to this thread, but have to know which arthritis it is about.

Hi @LilacTreeWoman Happy,

I think the op was looking for more info about the general condition of having arthritis... inflammation of the joints irregardless of the etiology and recemmondations to help manage wellness.

OK, thanks @SilleeMee

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@catwhisperer,

I take one 500 MG capsule three times a day with food.

Some people take it all at once. Not sure if it makes any difference. From what I've read doses that are lower or nearly lower than this, is wasteful. So don't skimp.

@SilleeMee...okay, thanks. I take tumeric, but am obviously taking way too little. I would think it would be better to take it as you do rather in one lump dose. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

One thing I did when my shoulder really acted up was to use a Tens Unit on it..twice a day...then I exercised.  Not crazy but slowly moving...light weights...if I let the joint just stay still for a long time the pain was worse and it stiffened on me...so slowly moving helped me..you might be different...

I also altered my diet..I'm plant based now and I do eat legumes...they don't seem to bother me...no sugar or white flour..well mostly no wheat at all...

I take Move Free as a suppliment..it seems to help me...

I also use a rub on it at night..ok I've said this before and haven't gotten blasted..but I live in CO and I use a rub that has a base of marijuana oil...its legal here and I tell you it works like a charm..almost instant pain gone if I'm in bed and my shoulder starts to hurt..I rub it on..pain gone...and no you don't get stoned by using it topically...

DW

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree

I have both and am always looking at new things.

BTW .... many claim drinking tart cherry juice or eating fresh cherries have anti-inflammatory properties.   Since we're in peak cherry season now, this is a good time to eat the fresh ones, since the next 4-6 weeks will have the best prices and fruit all year long.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree

I have both and am always looking at new things.

BTW .... many claim drinking tart cherry juice or eating fresh cherries have anti-inflammatory properties.   Since we're in peak cherry season now, this is a good time to eat the fresh ones, since the next 4-6 weeks will have the best prices and fruit all year long.

@Tinkrbl44

Hi Tink . . . unfortunately I can't eat any fruit with skins. 
That's due to a stomach condition I have called gastroparesis.  I could drink cherry juice though, and will try that.

Thanks for the heads up!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986