Honored Contributor

I was planning on getting my flu shot this week, but SIL, who is my age,  said her dr said it is too early; the immunity from the flu would not last through the flu season and best to wait til end of October to get the flu shot. Are you putting off getting yours for another month? Am so anxious due to COVID I don't want to risk getting the flu and then, heaven forbid, have to deal with that at the same time. What's your plan for the flu shot? I hope they have already prepared to have enough of them this year.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who works in Urgent Care and he said end of Sept is fine for the flu shot 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I'm taking my daughter for her flu shot this week, 9/23.  Otherwise the next available wouldn't be until mid November.  I just so happened to call at the right time because there was a cancellation.  I plan on making appointments for myself and my husband tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I received an email from my doctor suggesting I call and schedule my flu shot. I am at risk for bronchial infections & viruses including COVID. I think I read or heard somewhere that the immunity boost of a flu shot lasts for 6 months. Maybe someone here can confirm or deny that. 

Honored Contributor

Kaiser Georgia started their "drive thru" flu shots September 14th- we got ours a few days later.  If you want your shot given indoors, you have to make an appointment.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I got mine in August.  My doctor said to go ahead and get it.  I went to the grocery store pharmacy, got the shot and a free $10 gift card. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

My NP has always said not before October.  I'll be getting mine in early October.

Trusted Contributor

my husband already got it last week. his doctor said it was okay to. 

Honored Contributor

I'll probably get mine the next time I'm around the corner in Walgreen's and (1) they are giving out the shots and (2) I'm wearing short sleeve shirt.

Last year we had to make appts - don't know what the deal is this year. 

My doc's office is around the opposite corner - so that's another option - but I need to make appt.

I usually get shot around end of Sept. / beginning of October.  

Honored Contributor

I had my shot a few weeks ago and made a point of asking if it would last the season.  They lady who administered the shot assured me it would.  I didn't want to wait until Nov. when I have a doctor appointment.  My doctor agreed with my decision.