Honored Contributor

I floss everyday and sometimes twice a day. I'm 61 and I have all of my real teeth including all four wisdoms. I have never had a filling either. I guess you can say I have perfect teeth.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I floss at least once a day. I pay special attention to my crowns.

Respected Contributor

I floss several times a day also.  I can't stand food in my teeth.  I also carry floss in my purse and I have some at work.  I also have to buy the kind that will go between tight teeth.  This is it:  Oral B Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Floss Mint

Respected Contributor

Flossing is important. Food get trapped under crowns and bridges since gums recede, the longer you have the crown the more the gum recedes. This is unfortunately a normal part of aging, hence the expression "long in the tooth."

Very helpful is a sonic toothbrush  and rinsing after eating.

Honored Contributor

I floss several times a day. Both with floss and with G.U.M. picks. Can't imagine people not flossing.

Respected Contributor

YES!!! Every day!  I believe that it's an important step to maintain good dental and general health.  Wouldn't think of not flossing.

Respected Contributor

Can't give you my own testimonial.  I inherited the world's worst teeth and I struggle constantly to keep what I have in reasonably good condition. I have to floss to keep food from lodging between them.

However, when my precious husband passed away at the age of 97, he still had all his permanent teeth and they were in very good condition. He had one filling and one cap on a tooth he broke. He flossed - twice each day.  And he flossed with vigor. Keeping his teeth was important to him and he did it religiously.  And he ussed his toothbush to brush his gums. Said ithelped to keep them healthy. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Flossing your teeth

[ Edited ]

I too floss everyday and have gum picks at hand- those are fantastic!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I can't stand flossing. I use a waterpik instead. Dentist says that is fine.My gums are healthy.

Esteemed Contributor

Have used the Waterpik with some Crest Rinse in the water reservoir religiously for years after I had " Planing and Scaling " done to correct gum issues and bleeding.  Unbelievably great results at each quarterly teeth cleaning session...very little bleeding during the procedure.

Since I use the strongest setting on the Waterpik, I don't use dental floss. The Waterpik gets it all out.

Mouthful of crowns and several implants: don't want to jeopardize the investment !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill