Frequent Contributor
The other reason I don't want the bracelet version, is that I work at a computer all day and bracelets raise my wrist to an uncomfortable position for typing, so I'd rather stick with the zip.
Respected Contributor

Does this just work for counting steps? I am wondering if this monitors other things like biking, weight training, etc?

Esteemed Contributor
On 5/18/2014 Desertdi said:

I used to think that was something you stuck in your mouth to prevent eating..........

I think I could use this instead.

At my job staying in my seat is what they want (call center)...but I'm still interested in the comments.

Super Contributor

So funny to see your post! I received a Fitbit today as my belated Mother's Day gift! I haven't even moved yet with it on but wanted to check to see if anyone on the boards had comments about it. So far so good and easy to set up. Looking forward to learning more about it and will continue to check the boards for comments.

My dog gave it to me so that I'd take him for more walks, I guess we better get moving so I can test it out...

Honored Contributor
On 5/18/2014 sueinsf said:

Does this just work for counting steps? I am wondering if this monitors other things like biking, weight training, etc?

No. I did weight training this afternoon & Fitbit could not tell I was making any effort at all.

It thinks I am walking when I am on my stationary bike. How many steps it thinks I am taking varies a lot depending on where I wear Fitbit.

It counts steps, miles, floors, & "active" minutes. If I walk up a steep hill it might count as a floor. It I'm walking fast it counts as an active minute. I have the One; it also tracks sleep and calories consumed and burned. It syncs with MyFitnessPal and several other apps/sites.

Honored Contributor

lol, You have a very nice dog, blondy55, even if he does have ulterior motives! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor
On 5/18/2014 annabellethecat said:

I wanted to buy one for my daughter and she said they were junk. I guess she probably has another one she wants me to buy her (whatever it is, it's usually more elaborate and expensive).

The reviews on Q are pretty awful. Your daughter may be right...

Honored Contributor
On 5/18/2014 PalmTree11 said:
On 5/18/2014 annabellethecat said:

I wanted to buy one for my daughter and she said they were junk. I guess she probably has another one she wants me to buy her (whatever it is, it's usually more elaborate and expensive).

The reviews on Q are pretty awful. Your daughter may be right...

What product? I searched 'Fitbit' & all reviews for the actual units were 4 out of 5 stars....

Honored Contributor
On 5/18/2014 enw5002 said: The other reason I don't want the bracelet version, is that I work at a computer all day and bracelets raise my wrist to an uncomfortable position for typing, so I'd rather stick with the zip.

I have the bracelet version and work at a computer all day. I'm right handed and wear it on my left hand. I don't even know it's there. We got them from work as a promotion to get moving.

Honored Contributor

I wear a Polar Heart Rate Monitor for water aerobics. A woman in my class said she burned 630 calories in class according to her fit bit that she put in her bra.

I burned 230. We are probably close in weight and age. Even if she was working harder than I was, I would buy 460 as accurate. 630 is just plain wrong and I hope that she does some research before she eats all those calories every week.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN