Honored Contributor

Re: EMPLOYER REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYEES TO BE VACINNATED

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs 

I don’t see this ever becoming a reality. Best vaccine we are likely to get for COVID is not going to be very good or work for long, if at all. I haven’t heard anything impressive about any of them. And they don’t know yet if any of them actually work at all.

A mask mandate is going to be more protective and won’t endanger people. And health experts say we will still need masks when we have vaccines; vaccines are in addition to, not instead of, masks and social distancing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs  Just in case......

WHAT if we had all refused the polio vaccine??????

Unless you have a medical waver, since this virus is invisable, no one has the right to infect others, myself included.

Where would you be?

Honored Contributor

Currently, all hospital employees are required to have a flu shot so with COVID 19 being as active as it is, of course, hospitals will make it mandatory to have a COVID vaccine.  Other employers are trying to protect the work environment.  We are living in different times right now and who knew it would be this way?  I say it is a good idea to protect employees and the business they are working for.  And, keep that mask on!  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   My mother was pregnant with me and my 6 year old brother told my mother we could not move his legs.  My mother had to carry him on her back down 2 flights of stairs and my Uncle drove her to the hospital.  My father had a milk route so he was hard to reach.  My brother had polio.  They saved everything except one leg (he lost all muscle in that leg).  However after numerous surgeries one doctor worked a miracle and he was able to run and walk and only had a limp.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I never had a problem from a vaccine, so I never thought about the damage a vaccine could cause... until I discovered how OVER vaccination could (and does) harm dogs.  We have a beloved Golden Retriever who is the sweetest, most loving dog we've ever known.  So I sat up and took notice when I began to read how over vaccination can harm dogs.  After reading more about the ingredients in human vaccines, I decided no more vaccines for me!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

You are right on, @haddon9 . My husband had a terminal but treatable cancer, however, they strongly believed it was one of his medications which caused him to develop a second cancer, which is what ultimately killed him. Those side affects need to be taken VERY seriously, no matter how fast they say the words or how tiny the fine print in the commercials. They don't have a clue what this vaccine could do to people in the long run. To be forced to take it is wrong on all counts. It has nothing to do with being selfish because what good is it if we all kill ourselves trying to save everyone else?

@Qgirl26 I'm so sorry for your loss.

While medicine today can be wonderful & life saving it also comes with potential hazards.  Since my own husband has gotten very sick with a chronic brain illness 9 years ago, I'm always very cautious with any suggestions made by doctors including vaccines.  All have their pros & cons....

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG   My mother was pregnant with me and my 6 year old brother told my mother we could not move his legs.  My mother had to carry him on her back down 2 flights of stairs and my Uncle drove her to the hospital.  My father had a milk route so he was hard to reach.  My brother had polio.  They saved everything except one leg (he lost all muscle in that leg).  However after numerous surgeries one doctor worked a miracle and he was able to run and walk and only had a limp.

@Katcat1 

I am so very sorry.  When I taught, SO many people jumped on a band wagon about refusing shots.  No they didn't have a medical degree.  No, we didn't and never will know "everything".

Sometimes, it seems we just have to walk in faith.  

Is it ever acceptable to expose the world---to anything?   It will come back around to your doorstep.

Respected Contributor

I'll be first in line.  I plan to get it and can't wait to return to the office.  I'm sick of working from home and I would prefer to work around others who will be receiving the vaccine.

Valued Contributor

If you live in a right to work state, your employer can mandate anything they want. You get to leave and they can help you leave. Jobs where you sign an employment contract often have clauses mandating stuff like this. Many employers force staff to get flu vaccines.  Anyone can have an opinion about taking or not taking the flu shot or not, I am merely discussing the law in various states. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG   Wasn't the polio vaccine mandatory? I recall standing in a long line to eat a sugar cube with the drops on it!