Super Contributor

Re: EMPLOYER REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYEES TO BE VACINNATED

Yes, I remember the polio vaccine being mandatory but the people did it voluntarily at the time knowing how dangerous polio had been for many years.  I believe it was 1960 or 61 when we stood at our local high school to get the sugar cube and people were so willing to receive it because it was not dangerous. We all got the ingecion in the 50s but we knew by the 60s the oral one was imperative.  Somewhat like a booster.  We had decades of studying polio and this is why it is very impressive today but not quite erradicated.  

Valued Contributor

@haddon9, thank you. In my husband's case, he was going to die without it so there weren't options. But if there are, people just need to be aware to pay close attention to the side affects and know that these are serious possibilities before they decide on the treatment they choose to go with. It's so easy to think that those things won't happen to us and a lot of times, they don't. But sometimes they do and they can be deadly.

I'm sorry about your husband and hope he is doing well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think forced medicine of any kind, including vaccination, is a human rights violation.  These new Covid shots are being tested in trials to see if they can reduce the severity of the course of the illness, not prevent transmission of the virus to others, so why should such a vaccine (that cannot even stop transmission to others) be mandated for anyone, whether they work at a hospital or not?  Masks and social distancing will be required post vaccination for all vaccinees. Fauci, himself, has said and continues to say this.  What is not being revealed to the general public is that these new vaccines use technology never used before for any licensed vaccines.  These are not like any vaccines anyone has ever taken before, and they will contain hydrogel that contains nanobots.  Please explain to me why injected nanobots are necessary to defeat SARS-CoV-2.  Please explain what will become of these nanobots in the human body once injected into billions of people. What if the nanobots wreak havoc in the body? How, exactly, would one be able to get them out?  I would love to hear any explanations or discussion about this topic that makes sense.     

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200715/Nanotechnology-plays-major-role-in-COVID-19-vaccine-devel...

Honored Contributor

Nobody ever said any vaccine would be 100% effective, thus the necessity to continue wearing masks. The new Oxford Vaccine, developed at Oxford University, may be released by the end of the year.  It is expected to be 50% effective.  That means a vaccinated person still has a big chance of getting the virus, especially if the vaccine gives the person a sense of complacency and he becomes careless with covi19  protocols.   It also means we could be wearing masks for years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG   My mother was pregnant with me and my 6 year old brother told my mother we could not move his legs.  My mother had to carry him on her back down 2 flights of stairs and my Uncle drove her to the hospital.  My father had a milk route so he was hard to reach.  My brother had polio.  They saved everything except one leg (he lost all muscle in that leg).  However after numerous surgeries one doctor worked a miracle and he was able to run and walk and only had a limp.

My father who was born in 1911 got polio when he was 6 months old.  It attacked both of his legs and both of his legs and feet were severely deformed. He never knew life without his handicap, but he walked and pretty much did everything in life that most people do.  His handicap never stopped him.  His family was poor and I am shocked he even survived.  No iron lung for him. Polio paralyzed your lungs as well as your legs.

When the polio vaccine came out, I remember lining up at the high school to drink a clear liquid from a condiment cup.  The polio vaccine I and my family were given worked.  BUT, the polio vaccine at one time gave people polio as the live vaccine was given instead of the dead vaccine.

I do not want to be first in line for this COVID vaccine.  I would have to be sure it was safe first.  I would quit my job if any vaccine was mandated by an employer.  I am captain of my own ship and plan to live this way permanently.

I'd rather take my chances on my own terms.

Honored Contributor

As someone else said, I'm only guessing that many folks would rather work from home.

My guess is that many of them might refuse the vaccination for a year or two.  

First responders and medical workers might want to be vaccinated.   

Well, wishing everyone well and safe.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I have 2 doctors who refuse to see patients who have not had flu shots.

One will refuse to see you without a Covid test 48 hours before appointment.

Honored Contributor

I think it's okay for companies to require that of new-hires.  But as for existing employees, I'm not sure.  If I was the boss, I'd want it done, but would check with legal counsel first.

Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Currently, all hospital employees are required to have a flu shot so with COVID 19 being as active as it is, of course, hospitals will make it mandatory to have a COVID vaccine.  Other employers are trying to protect the work environment.  We are living in different times right now and who knew it would be this way?  I say it is a good idea to protect employees and the business they are working for.  And, keep that mask on!  lol

My daughter is a nurse in a hospital. She is required to get a flu shot. But they have already been told that they will not be required to get the COVID vaccine.