Honored Contributor

Re: EMPLOYER REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYEES TO BE VACINNATED

I'd like to see the flu shot be mandatory for school students. These young people are walking Petri dishes, spreading flu to many adults and other kids each year. 

Honored Contributor

I think since there is no Covid 19 vaccine now and there won't be one available mid to late 2021; the subject is premature.  I think that when there is a vaccine, employers won't jump into mandating it until it's been out there for awhile and the side effects have been documented and reviewed by experts.  It's likely that some industries like Healthcare will be the first to require it for employees.  Perhaps the military.   Yes, it can be required.  Vaccines are already required by many employers and every court has upheld it.  My employer requires a yearly flu shot, even for those of us who work permanently from home.  At one time workers could opt out for religious or philosophical reasons but they ended that a couple of years ago.  We don't have to have a flu shot but we will be terminated if we don't.  New hires have to have the MMR vaccines.  I do believe that eventually, when there is a proven safe and effective Covid 19 vaccine, it will be required by most employers and all schools.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I totally agree with you.  Before Covid 19 hit in March, our schools were hard hit by the seasonal flu.  Some schools were like ghost towns because so many students and staff were out sick.  Hospital emergency rooms and physician's office were innundated with sick patients.  It wou;don't have been nearly that bad if the schools required flu shots for kids and school staff.

Honored Contributor

What about people that can't work from home.

Retail, restaurant industry, grocery stores, etc....

For myself I wouldn't be standing in line for any vaccine that was recently invented.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree, Actually, the EEOC has sued and won cases against employers who have tried to force annual flu shots on workers (even if they work in the healthcare industry) over their sincerely held religious beliefs contrary to vaccination.  Employers face litigation and liability if they deny their workers the right to a religious exemption. 

I predict that many nurses will quit if they are forced to take an experimental Covid-19 vaccine that carries the risk of transverse myelitis, and other autoimmune conditions like multiple sclerosis due to the use of a squalene-based adjuvant and mRNA (and even DNA injected with electroporation to get the DNA inside of the vaccine recipients' cells) considering those autoimmune conditions have already arisen in the small (30,000 or less people) vaccine trial groups.

I'd rather experience Covid-19 (hopefully with plenty of supplements on hand) then be condemned to live a life with transverse myelitis from which there is no escape.  

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I don't know about the legality .... but a friend who worked in the CA school system had to get a flu shot every year.  She didn't think it was a big deal, especially with the hundreds of kids she was exposed to every week ...  makes sense to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@chrystaltree, Actually, the EEOC has sued and won cases against employers who have tried to force annual flu shots on workers (even if they work in the healthcare industry) over their sincerely held religious beliefs contrary to vaccination.  Employers face litigation and liability if they deny their workers the right to a religious exemption. 

I predict that many nurses will quit if they are forced to take an experimental Covid-19 vaccine that carries the risk of transverse myelitis, and other autoimmune conditions like multiple sclerosis due to the use of a squalene-based adjuvant and mRNA (and even DNA injected with electroporation to get the DNA inside of the vaccine recipients' cells) considering those autoimmune conditions have already arisen in the small (30,000 or less people) vaccine trial groups.

I'd rather experience Covid-19 (hopefully with plenty of supplements on hand) then be condemned to live a life with transverse myelitis from which there is no escape.  

I have to agree, @Jersey Born.  I find the whole squalene thing pretty distasteful, too, let alone the possible side effects of the vacine.  I read your list of supplements and I am right there with you and have been right along.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

People tend to forget that medicine is an art as much as it is a science.  One size does not fit all.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Not where I live.  There were multiple lawsuits from  hospital employees here over the years  and they all lost.  Workers can decline but only for health reasons where it is generally accepted my the medical community that the vaccine would prevent a danger.  Those with compromised immune systems, receiving chemo therapy and things like that.  A group of pregnant nurses at the hospital where I worked went to court after they were terminated for declining a flu shot.  They lost and now it's  non-issue when it comes to flu shots.  

Trusted Contributor

Some pediatricians in a relative's state refuse to accept patients who haven't received the juvenile vaccinations.