Trusted Contributor

Re: Drinking more water - tips

I am working on this as we type.  I went to the grocery store and while in the produce section they have those little liquid lemon and liquid lime mini bottle that look just like a "real" lemon.  Well, I bought one for a fish receipe, and then after the receipe, I starting putting a squirt of lemon in my water.  It helps.

I plan to go back and get me a mini lime and try that also.

I do enjoy the infused water but I only have added mint so far.  My grocery store used to sell them already made and did you KNOW....YOU can refill the bottle at least 2 times if you put the new water in the refrigerator.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't like anything added to my water.  What I do is make sure it's good and cold.  I put a couple bottles in the freezer until they are almost frozen.  

Valued Contributor

I don't love water but I make myself drink 48 oz every day at the office.  I just chug it at room temperature. If it's too cold, it hurts my teeth!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

I don't love water but I make myself drink 48 oz every day at the office.  I just chug it at room temperature. If it's too cold, it hurts my teeth!

@Jayhawk Girl, I'm another one that hates ice cold water.  LOL  It's not that it hurts my teeth, I just don't like it.  Unless it is super hot outside, I generally let my water sit outside to "warm up" before I drink it.

Respected Contributor

I love the drink drops, also lemon and they have infuser cups you can add any fruit or mint or cucumber to. The cups separate the fruit from the water but allow the water to get the flavor. I don't drink plain water. Even if it's just a splash of lemon I can stand it. 

Honored Contributor

Get a water purifier. I use a Berkey, the water tastes great. But what it comes down to making the decision to drink water instead of other beverages. I drink plain water 95% of the time. I drink other things on occasion. Usually unsweet iced tea or milk. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval