Contributor

UDATE: SHARP PAIN ON LEFT FOOT 9/19/2017

HI,

Just got back from my doctor about looking into other areas such as my back to find out whyl after almost 8 weeks suffering from the foot pain.  She ordered alot of bloodwork since I haven't had any so far.  Next was orderd an MRI of the spine.  I told her that I wanted an open one because I am having a enormous amount of anxiety and wouldn't be able to endure it.  I am waiting for the approval from my health insurance.  Then I had a problem with two rings that got stuck on my left ring finger for awhile.  I would have to remove them for the MRI.  The LPN tried but no luck so they sent up a ring cutter from their Urgent Care.  They still wouldn't come off so another doctor passing by helped and they finally came off.  Now skin on my finger is bad and  have to keep it bandaged up and apply some oitment so it won't can infected.  Boy, I really can use some peace and try to hang on but it is hard.  I appreciate all your concern and advise.  I pray they get an answer as to why the pain of my foot is getting worse and not any better.

Thanks,

Linda S.

Honored Contributor

Re: UDATE: SHARP PAIN ON LEFT FOOT 9/19/2017

I hope they find the source of the pain. Sorry about the issue with your rings. Once you're able to wear rings again, I'd take them off every day. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Is ur foot pain -- on the bottom (soles) of ur feet --- or on the top? Is it one foot or both? 

Respected Contributor

I hope you get answers and a solution quickly.  I would like to say great job by seeing a Dr. instead of asking to be diagnosed here.  Will never understand why folks think asking for and taking advice from a forum is ever a good idea.

Honored Contributor

@Pasta Lover  Sorry this whole thing is giving you so much grief.  I hope you get some answers very soon and your pain issue can be addressed. ((HUGS))

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I hope you get answers and a solution quickly.  I would like to say great job by seeing a Dr. instead of asking to be diagnosed here.  Will never understand why folks think asking for and taking advice from a forum is ever a good idea.

There is a difference between asking what others' experiences have been and what their opinion is, and asking for diagnosis and treatment.

Yes, some people do expect to be diagnosed and even treated on internet forums, but I think they're relatively few. I think most people just want to know what others have experienced and are asking that.

To me, when a poster asks a health question and they are (sometimes immediately) greeted with OMG go to the ER! or go to your doctor immediately!, it says to me 'get a grip' first of all about the alarmists, but it's also telling the person who asked that you think that they're stupid and can't function without mommy telling them what to do and not do, because they're too dumb to know. I give most people more credit than that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Pasta Lover

Glad you posted an update. Sounds like things might be getting narrowed down in finding the source of your foot pain.

I can't relate to rings/watches and such. In the Army I worked on trucks and those things were not allowed, safety hazard. Same with all my factory jobs. Work around machinery, all rings/bracelets/necklace and watches could not be worn. Only stud earrings were a non-hazard around machines with many moving parts.

Best to you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Why are people afraid of an MRI machine? It doesn't eat people and spit them out.  

Respected Contributor

Auntg, some cannot stand to be in such a tight, enclosed space.  For some people, being confined like that for any period of time is stressful and provokes anxiety.  I had a favorite cousin who was terrified of being in an elevator.  She refused to ride in one and only took the stairs.  Some people are afraid of heights, or of leaving the house, or of driving a car, or of swimming, or of going to the dentist.  We are all different.  

Honored Contributor

@Pasta Lover

I didn't understand ... why would an MRI cause anxiety?