Honored Contributor

Re: Dress code for retail pharmacies

I'm sure at one time there were dress code requirements for many jobs, but I'm sure they have changed radically just a many other restrictions have disappeared only to be replaced by lots of others.

Is there a combination that will make every one happy at the same time?  I have my doubts.

I want my pharmacy tech to know the computer program needed to find my script, answer my questions, and charge me correctly.  And -  I'd love it if all that got completed with a pleasant attitude.   Blue hair or any other color makes no difference to me. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Blue hair can be attractive. Minding one's own business is a good  quality.

Was not necessary.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Has this changed? Was in one yesterday and one of the techs had blue hair.

I think many companies can't dictate hair color, body piercings, tatoos and the such, or an employee will scream "discrimination."

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One of my dentists has blue hair...NBD. Looks great on her in fact.

download (1).jfif

Love the little Troll Dentist!

Honored Contributor

The key is having employees who actually show up to work. 

My local IGA is still having trouble keeping cashiers, and when a heating and air service tech was here last week, he said the company we've dealt with for nearly 30 years, was having big problems with people not showing up for work.   He and one other service tech were the only ones in the field to cover calls that day.  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Has this changed? Was in one yesterday and one of the techs had blue hair.

I'm just waiting for Dr. Rick to make a commercial outta this statement!

LOLOLOL

Honored Contributor

What I am thinking is that about dress codes. Ours were always mentioned in our reviews. They were very important. We had to look professional and impress the distributors.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What I am thinking is that about dress codes. Ours were always mentioned in our reviews. They were very important. We had to look professional and impress the distributors.

I would think your ability to perform your job would impress the distributors or anyone more than how you dress!

Honored Contributor

Distributors never saw us perform our jobs.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

@Reilley wrote:

How old are you?  Many years ago, in the late 60's, a high school girl couldn't even color her hair, in many cases, not wear an abundance of makeup without being sent home!  And I lived in the Bay Area!  Times have changed and it isn't the color of hair that makes a "professional"!  It is their training and personality and kindness.

I remember in Junior High in the late 60's and early 70's, we had a dean of girls that was horrible. If she even thought you had the slightest stitch of makeup on, you were marched to the bathroom to wash your face. Girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school....so if the hem of your dress was more than an inch above your knee, she gave you a seam ripper to take out the hem of your dress. Did all of those archaic rules make us better people???? Nope....we were great people without judgement on our hair color, length of our dress or how much makeup we wore. As long as someone does their job with great professionalism, they can whatever color hair they want.