Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

It sounds to me like she's training it to be a therapy dog or it already is one. If I was super sick and went to the doctor and a dog came in the room I would immediately feel a bit at ease and better. I believe that is what was happening in this situation. Something seems to be missing in this story and I wonder if it's just dog haters didn't want a therapy dog around them? 

I agree @Lali1. The story's incomplete. Not enough details to judge imho.

Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

My sister just took my father to the doctor, and there was a woman in the waiting room with two dogs.  The woman told the receptionist that they were therapy dogs.  I love dogs but would never take one to a doctor's office. 

When my sister and my dad were in the room with the doctor, the other woman had obviously been brought to the room next to them, and one of the dogs started barking.  The doctor commented that that was a first, he'd never had a dog in his office before.

Was this woman asked to provide proof that these dogs were actually therapy dogs?!

@nana59@  @Nicknack  Therapy dogs are the ones that visit patients in hospitals and nursing homes.  What do you suppose this woman was doing with them at her medical appointment? 

Yes @Kachina624. Sometimes people confuse service dogs with therapy dogs.

Honored Contributor

Our slogan can be "We're All Bonkers Here". Who wants a t-shirt? I'm sure QVC could hook us up!

Occasional Contributor

I work in a family practice office and the doctor brings his dog every day. Patients love her!! In fact we could all be dead on the floor of the office and I'm not sure anyone would notice as long as Cookie was there!! They pet and hug her and take her picture.  One gentleman was moved to tears when he met her because he had recently lost his own dog.  They had a few minutes of cuddling.  We only have two patients in our whole practice who are apprehensive or allergic and of course we are respectful of their feelings! Cookie has been a major plus for our office!!

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

This kinda/sorta sounds eerily familiar.

There was a dog-doctor thread originated couple months ago:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Dog-in-the-doctor-s-office/m-p/3754774/highlight/true#M103790

@sidsmom, I didn't remember that thread in particular but I certainly remember the poster who was always complaining about dogs in one way or the other, so that made this seem very familiar.     

Honored Contributor

Re: Dogs and doctors

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

You remind me of someone.......

@QueenDanceALot  Yeah, where is 151949 when we need her expert opinion on dogs vs medicine? 

151949 and Lilactree have been missing.

Stormy too.

A few weeks ago 151949 started a thread asking if she could close her account on this forum because she wasn't going to post anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

This kinda/sorta sounds eerily familiar.

There was a dog-doctor thread originated couple months ago:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Dog-in-the-doctor-s-office/m-p/3754774/highlight/true#M103790

@sidsmom, I didn't remember that thread in particular but I certainly remember the poster who was always complaining about dogs in one way or the other, so that made this seem very familiar.     

@Lipstickdiva

I understand your viewpoint, but as I mentioned upthread I wasn't referring to the poster but to the topic content.  Just seems odd I've lived my entire life without a dog/doctor situation, but yet different posters (even those responding to the OP) have had a couple situations in the last several months.  Weird. I live a sheltered life apparently.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:
My dog was a therapy dog at the local hospital visiting patients. They loved it.

đź’™@qvcaddition