Honored Contributor
On 1/3/2015 Pook said:

This looks like something I might like. Never saw it at any gym I went to but would like the home version. I'll have to look into it.

There is a PRO version, which has a wider diameter (and accommodates more weight) for about $30 more than the one pictured.

Honored Contributor
Looks as though this might work nicely as a semi-rebounder for us osteopenia gals. I'm looking into it!
Contributor

I got this (with support bar) as a lightning deal on amazon about 5 years ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XJ7R54/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like they are sold separately now.

Putting a chair nearby may substitute for bar - or if you have a mini-trampoline with handle, could put that next to it.

Super Contributor

I've had mine for years. Costco sells them a few weeks out of the year, I think I saw one there last month. I've never taken a class, but just have it near the TV. I'll do lopsided pushups on it, or lopsided lunges, or stand on the flat side while brushing out my hair.

What I appreciate about Bosu, and the Bodyblade, for that matter, is that they help you activate the little supportive muscles that are left out when using things like Nautilus (does anyone use that any more?) or other gym machines.

I've tripped now and then but caught myself before actually falling. Imagine, could it be that keeping those little muscles in shape has saved me from a damaging fall? Who knows, but I continue to do "whole body" exercise such as the Bosu provides, or the Bodyblade, or carrying unwieldy 50lb sacks of livestock feed whenever I can.

I highly recommend Bosu as part of a home gym. - Bird

Honored Contributor

Bosu is good for balance

I saw one at Sports Authority last week not sure what model

Respected Contributor

I belong to a gym and I use their bosu. I also work out with a personal trainer and she uses them for my workout sessions. They are great for balance.

Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2015 The Bird said:

I've had mine for years. Costco sells them a few weeks out of the year, I think I saw one there last month. I've never taken a class, but just have it near the TV. I'll do lopsided pushups on it, or lopsided lunges, or stand on the flat side while brushing out my hair.

What I appreciate about Bosu, and the Bodyblade, for that matter, is that they help you activate the little supportive muscles that are left out when using things like Nautilus (does anyone use that any more?) or other gym machines.

I've tripped now and then but caught myself before actually falling. Imagine, could it be that keeping those little muscles in shape has saved me from a damaging fall? Who knows, but I continue to do "whole body" exercise such as the Bosu provides, or the Bodyblade, or carrying unwieldy 50lb sacks of livestock feed whenever I can.

I highly recommend Bosu as part of a home gym. - Bird

"...livestock feed"!! Love it! I grew up doing that, as well!! Are we separated @ birth?!

Regular Contributor

I LOVE bosu! I've had the gym style unit for 10 or more years, since they first came out. They are wonderful for balance work and the dvds or streaming workouts that you can get for them, but also good as a step sub for extra core work. I also have the Step 360 which is similar but has three circles of air chambers and a flat platform. Anything that works balance like these type of things do is wonderful in so many ways - balance, core, activating those tiny muscles that often don't get worked and the powerhorse muscles that do. Totally recommend Smiley Happy