Respected Contributor

do i need a vitamix to start my new year new me plan?

I know that they are expensive. I can overlook that, but only if it is something that i'm really going to get some use out of.

what do you all do with them?

Honored Contributor

Re: do i need a vitamix to start my new year new me plan?

You will have to pry my Vitamix out of my cold, dead hands.Wink

My favorite thing is to make soups. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My second favorite is sauces/homemade salad dressings. I do this often to make sauces for stir fry, rice and veggie dishes, pumpkin macaroni and cheese sauce, etc.

My third favorite is smoothies.

My BF and I think it's the perfect size for two: we roast all sorts of veggie combos and reserve half for the end. We use fresh broccoli, potatoes, cauliflower, red peppers, asparagus, etc. and then blend in other goodies- chicken broth, cheese, tofu, brown rice, whatever we have to thicken things up.

It is AWESOME!

Trusted Contributor

Like anything, you have to commit to using it to justify the purchase. Check the Vitamix FB page.

I use mine mostly for making smoothies. Use organic ingredients. Raw spinach, cultured dairy, (buttermilk, kefir) raw steel cut oatmeal, pumpkin puree or carrots, protein powder, banana, optional espresso powder.

Honored Contributor

You do not NEED one. If you WANT one and will discipline yourself to make the effort needed to use it, it is great. Otherwise, it is a waste of money.

Valued Contributor

They make the best smoothie!
Respected Contributor

I've switched to a mostly plant based diet. I love mine for smoothies and healthy drinks. During the winter I'm not using it as much but in the summer I used it sometimes twice a day.

If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking, you'll love having it. I wouldn't give mine up.

-Kalli

Honored Contributor

I got one because I thought I'd drink more smoothies. Now it sits mocking me and I'm not drinking smoothies. Don't waste your money; there are cheaper machines that do the same thing.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think if you are someone who spends time in the kitchen and likes to whip things up, you'll work this into your routine and it will be invaluable. For me, it would have dust on it like all the other small appliances.
Trusted Contributor

Anyone that has one that is not using it-you'll be able to sell it in a heartbeat on Craig's List.

Regular Contributor

I love my Vitamix. It's a staple in my kitchen, I leave it out on my counter, and use it several times a day. I've used it for smoothies, soups, to "rice" cauliflower. This year I will also start making dress vinaigrette for salads using fresh berries. One of my best QVC purchases.