Esteemed Contributor

any suggestions for a natural supplement.....thank you....

Respected Contributor

Please discuss this with your doctor. Even something "natural" might interact with medications you might be taking. Natural supplements affect people differently. What is good for one person is not good for all, especially if you ingest it.

Respected Contributor

The doc is the place to go.  You may even get a phone visit.

Also, I just read that older people do well with talk therapy over the phone.  Obviously, I don't know if you are old.  The article was talking about talk therapy with people into their 90s.

Honored Contributor

Cbd oil

Esteemed Contributor

My remedy... People.  Covid is a hard time but I have gone though a contact  list of OLD friends and have reached out by phone and by email.  Makes a difference.  

No meds needed.

Valued Contributor

@nana59  Just a word of caution if you end up going to a psychiatrist: Do an enormous amount of research on any psychiatric drug you may consider taking. The efficacy of them is under deep scrutiny now due to the emerging epidemic of people who react badly to them, especially if they try to withdraw from them. There are many websites and forums devoted to the subject of withdrawal from SSRI's, etc. Its pretty much a nightmare. And the fundamental theory behind these drugs (that their is a neurotransmitter imbalance in your brain) is now being exposed internationally as a faulty claim. In fact, scientists don't actually know how these drugs work. I am sure tons of people will bash me for pointing these facts out, but nonetheless the data is emerging and more and more doctors are stepping up to the plate and being honest about the many negative outcomes they see in their patients. Of course there are many people who see improvement while taking these drugs, but the other side is dark, and worth taking note of. As far as a natural supplement, there are many, many options out there. Some work for some people, others not so much. Many are potent and capable of interacting with prescription meds. Google "supplements/herbs for depression" and you will begin to see a cohesive list popping up again and again. Find yourself a good naturopath.  Also check out Dr. Kelly Brogan's website. Her path to healing from depression is inspiring and she offers a lot of good information. Good Luck!!

Respected Contributor

Exercise-- exercise naturally boosts your mood.  I recommend going to YouTube and do Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home Videos.  

Folic Acid-- It is a B vitamin. It is found in leafy green vegetables, citrus fruits, and beans. So, if you eat enough of those, you would not need the supplement. 

Valued Contributor

Something that is natural--acupuncture. That does not involve medication or supplements.

But if you want to take something as others have stated--see your doctor first.!!

It could be a body chemistry imbalance that needs adjusting and until blood work and other tests are done --you probably should not mess with it.

Respected Contributor

Sunshine - just sit and soak up as much as you can.

Esteemed Contributor

St. John's Wort. Many years since I've taken it. Only side effect I recall was some very mild indigestion.

Have your Vit D checked, esp in Fall/Winter. Also some Omega 3's. Highly recommend Lessman's. I stick with the original as I can't take krill oil.

Dr. Mercola and Dr. Weil write extensively about supps but start with 1 at a time. Then you'll know what's working and what's not.

Buy the best quality you can afford.