Honored Contributor

The last two weeks of my life

Sorry if I’m sharing to TMI.
When I think of the past two weeks I say a little prayer. I fell two weeks ago tomorrow. Due to Covid I had to spend most of the day in ER alone. I got my first morphine shot because of the pain. I had my first major surgery. I spent four nights in the hospital.
I had a catheter for the first time in my life. I had constipation from the painkillers The anesthetic causedurinary retention I had to have my bladder tapped every five hours. I had my first and hopefully only enema. It’s just a lot to happen in four days no wonder why I’m a nervous wreck 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: The last two weeks of my life

@I am still oxox  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  What you've experienced sounds very unnerving... especially all of it within 4 days.  Please be kind to yourself.  **HUGS**

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Boy, you've been thru the mill. I'm sorry you had togo thru all that alone. I hope you continue to recover and feel much better. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness @I am still oxox  I am so sorry and hope you are on the mend.  Take good care of yourself and keep us posted.

Super Contributor

I am so sorry to hear you went thru this.  These are crazy times for sure.  I was recently sick.  The first thought was get tested. I did.  I didn't have covid but everyone was still petrified to come near me.  Lonely is an understatement.  I don't have any family where I live anyway.  Made me stop and think, if I really became ill with a terminal illness this is how its going to be.  I must say I have to push that thought from my mind because it can depress me.  I just keep my focus on God and trust He will take care of me in whatever happens in my future.

I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.  

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox  You are in my prayers. I'm so sorry for all that you have been through. You are not alone. There are good people on the community board that will wish you well and pray for you. Heart

Valued Contributor

I hope the worst is behind you, @I am still oxox . Sending hugs.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Wow !  Unbelievable amount of trauma to go through at any time !!!  

Hopefully, you are feeling better after the fall and all the nightmarish activities will be just a distant memory!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Grief Woman, you have been through the mill in a short period of time. But now that you got all that out of the way.........you have nowhere to go but up. Wishing you the best!

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry you had a serious fall.. the isolation is overwhelming in itself.   It is truly sad you had to endure it all alone.

I hope you are recovering well !!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~