Honored Contributor

Re: Came home from the dentist today....

The dentist has to put the permanent crown on. It will probably need adjustments before it is permanently cemented.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Mention it! I came back from the dentist as well. I cannot do another bridge or crown. I have to have implants. There goes my summer vacation and square dance festivals for the next year. Yikes, pricey. It better work. The bridge, crowns, etc did not. Consider yourself lucky your problem was a cotton roll.

Honored Contributor

I came home from the hospital (after surgery) and still had those sticky patches (where they attach the monitors) stuck to my back.................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 bonnielu said:

Mention it! I came back from the dentist as well. I cannot do another bridge or crown. I have to have implants. There goes my summer vacation and square dance festivals for the next year. Yikes, pricey. It better work. The bridge, crowns, etc did not. Consider yourself lucky your problem was a cotton roll.

bonnieu Oh TEETH and issues as we get older...So expensive, so much to go through... so necessary.... Best to you with your dental implants.

Respected Contributor

On 9/5/2014 gazelle77 said:

She was his assistant when prepping the tooth for the temporary crown. She may also do cleanings... not sure. She made the temporary crown. The doctor was the one who put the cotton in my mouth... is it her job to make sure everything is out or his?

My dentist does temporary crowns. His assistant preps things, hands him his tools and and suc^&ks the water from my mouth. The hygienist cleans my teeth and takes x-rays.

Super Contributor

Did they sedate you? I had a debridement of an old filling done on a back upper molar by my dentist and a crown put in a couple of months ago along with an endodontist doing my root canal and a visit for a temporary in between. I was numbed up 3x over several weeks of visits and never had one cotton wad put in! Even if they had put it in you can feel those! My dentists have never used those cotton wads since the 80s.

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 moonstone dunes said:

Did they sedate you? I had a debridement of an old filling done on a back upper molar by my dentist and a crown put in a couple of months ago along with an endodontist doing my root canal and a visit for a temporary in between. I was numbed up 3x over several weeks of visits and never had one cotton wad put in! Even if they had put it in you can feel those! My dentists have never used those cotton wads since the 80s.

Not put out.... I just had novacaine. Since it was an old bottom left molar with a 30 year old huge mercury filling in it, and he had to drill away some cavity at the gumline, I think the cotton helped to keep my tongue to the side away from where he had to drill. Being numb, I did not notice it there when I left. I do remember him putting it in.

Valued Contributor

So glad you found it, gazelle! I've heard of these things happening, but thankfully they've never happened to me. I would tell your dentist.

Respected Contributor

Just came home from the dentist too! It was the final appointment for placing the implant. I feel light as a feather -- and so does my pocketbook!!! But it feels great and looks perfect. Good luck to all those facing the implant scenario.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

They may have lfeft it on purpose, but I doubt it....ask.