Esteemed Contributor

Re: CVS Computer Prescriptions

My prescription plan is mostly paid for under my retirement plan. We are strictly now having to use a mail order company they choose. For the last 3 years that has been CVS Caremark.

I have no complaints with this company. I have 1 prescription that needs my doctor's prescription every 3 months. In other words it says "no refills". All my others are written for 12 months and I chose Auto Refill. Why not?

With my number of prescriptions that run out at different times, it's much easier for me to let them refill them when they are due. I load my pills for 2 weeks and separate "Night Meds" from "Morning Meds". Throw in my Zinc/Vitamin D/Fish Oil along with that?  Easy to lose track of what runs out when.

I like my Auto Refill with CVS Caremark. My only issue? Is not with Caremark, it is with the Classification of my 1 prescription.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad CVS keeps up with the refills it just one less thing for me to remember.......I can prepay online and have them mailed or they also deliver in my area......

Honored Contributor

I like the auto refills because I never run out of my meds, I love that I can have my meds mailed to me within 3 days or delivered the same day by Shipt.  However, I did go into CVS and I had them permanently remove one pain med from auto refill because I rarely use it.  Go in and just be clear that you don't want auto refill on any prescription.  

Honored Contributor

The absolute best was them calling me to ask me if I wanted them to reach out to the doctor because the prescription that started with Q (flu shot) had no refills.  DUH.....

Honored Contributor

I have the pharmacy tech "freeze" my prescriptions until I can.  I have had no problems since.

Honored Contributor

Fortunately my reminders come in via text.  Most of the time, I don't respond but also don't go for pickup.  I never come close to using all the texts I am entitled to, so it's not all that disturbing.  Doesn't seem to matter whether you respond with a no or just don't show up to pick them up.

Right now I don't need reminders, but almost overnight I am seeing friends and acquaintances shift needs.  If these reminders keep me home longer, I am all for them.

Honored Contributor

And I'm assuming this problem is the worst thing you all have to worry about? Consider yourself lucky.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I won't have any of my scripts filled with them.  A few yrs back I did and they text bombed me constantly after that.  I called the store even stopped in having them remove me from the text & call list but nothing worked.  AND this was for a script that only was filled 1 time with no refills not a regular on going medication I take daily.

Finally got the HQ line and called them complaining about it and finally they stopped with the text bombs.  I was getting them 3 or more per day!

I can't stand CVS local for that....and will never go there again!  

Respected Contributor

Actually I'm glad hyvee pharmacy auto refills my scripts
Frequent Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

And I'm assuming this problem is the worst thing you all have to worry about? Consider yourself lucky.

And, likewise, I'm assuming your issue with the OP's gripe is the worst thing you have to worry about?............

See how that works?