Honored Contributor

Recall. Counterfeit COVID Test.

[ Edited ]

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/acon-laboratories-issues-recall-...

Quote from the FDA page for this recall:

"Flowflex™ COVID-19 Antigen Home Test” (FDA Emergency Use Authorization EUA210494), has identified the U.S. distribution of unauthorized, adulterated and misbranded counterfeit product having the trade name “Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Self-Testing).” ACON Laboratories is not importing the “Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Self-Testing)” into the U.S. as it is only authorized for sale in Europe and other markets"

Honored Contributor

Re: Recall. Counterfeit COVID Test.

@Mindy D    It's pretty strange that a company would deliberately distribute and market a counterfeit medical product, then recall it.  Do you suppose they think a recall will absolve them of respinsibility?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

That's strange. About a month ago, in the pharmacies, that's the only brand I saw.

Honored Contributor

The flowflex white box is approved in the US. If you have the blue flowflex box, that is the one that is recalled and not approved by FDA and they say get another test if you have used this one.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

thanks @Mindy D and @on the bay for the information

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.