Regular Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@dennylilly wrote:

@dennylilly wrote:
****UPDATE***
I had my endoscopy today and it looks like everything is the same as this time last year.  He took some biopsy to see if I might have a infection /bacteria which could be causing my symptoms but he didn't think I did but was checking just in case.

I also am having pain on the right side of my face and neck.  I have a call into the DR and he is going to call me back.  I feel like my face by the jawline and side of my neck is bruised.  It is NOT on the inside like they say I might have but on the outside.  Has anyone experienced this?

I was diagnosed with this 3 years ago when I had a scope done because I have GERD. After going through alot of medical tests these past couple months, I have come to the conclusion that I think my problem might be acid reflux that feels like chest pressure and back pain.

I am scheduled for another scope next week.  I was told my symptoms sound like something that can happen with Barrettes and it can be treated with different medicine.

What has your experience been with this condition/disease?

@sfnative  Hoping you see this.

Op--great to know you are in the care of many doctors.  The jaw/chest pain reminds me of the warnings for heart troubles.  I know you're in the care of a cardiologist though.

Thanks for your reply, but the pain is like a bruising on my face, probably from pulling or pushing on it during the scope.  I am not feeling heart related jaw pain.  Thanks for that info tho, I am keeping myself very aware of the signs of heart attack.  I see my cardiologist tomorrow since I am having chest pressure and back pain.  I thought the scope would tell if this is acid reflux but I am not sure that is something they can tell or not.  I need to question my dr more. I was still a little out of it when he talked to me and my husband was there but we both are not real sure exactly what was said regarding that issue.  It feels more like heartburn every day. But I am not sure siince nothing seems to help it when I take them. OTC and prescription meds.  So more questions will be asked to the doctors until I get to the bottom of this.  I keep going for tests and visits and being sent home with nothing wrong. Its a blessing except the way I feel stays the same.  Frustrating but thats how it goes. No ones fault. 

Regular Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@dennylilly

I know you had your stress test last week. What were the results?

I got a call from my Dr. yesterdaytelling me my test was normal.  But she verified that I was having the chest pressure, back pain symptoms during the test.  I said I was but I was having that all day and on the previous days too.  Because of this she is having me see a cardiologist. I go tomorrow.  I guess she is just covering everything.  I told the gastro dr this today while filling him in on what is going on with me, and he said it is good that she is having me  checked out. I feel like my endo. did not show that I am having acid reflux now.  But my husband and I are both not quite sure what the dr. said about that.  He basically said I look no worse that 3 years ago.  Maybe I have an infection that could cause my symptoms so he is checking for that but said it didn't look like it.  

So anyway tomorrow I see what the cardioligist thinks.  I have a feeling its going to involve more tests.

Thanks for asking.  I think I gave too much information. Sorry if I did LOL

Trusted Contributor
I'm so glad your stress test was normal, but also glad you're seeing a cardiologist to cover all bases. Keep hanging in there.👍